How do you control the pitch on a standard transmitter?

Reaction score
Hi,
just wondering if anyone knows how the new gimbals pitch is controlled through your standard transmitter. I have heard of a slider bar you install to control it, or does the gimbal come with something that you place on your transmitter? All help appreciated.

I have put a small adjustable pot wired to the back of the gimbal top yellow pot and drilled a small hole on the front of transmitter so I can tilt the camera up or down to suit.

I just received my Shapeway's pitch control lever. It came in a box large enough for a mail box, wrapped in giant bubble wrap, then smaller bubble wrap and finally a plastic zip lock bag. Can't complain about packing and shipping.

Next I carefully placed it over the hole and when it made contact with the controller the base pad broke. Oh well, it still turned the pot inside until I tried to use it at which time it sheered off in the transmitter.

I am an electronic's tech so it's not like I don't handle small parts daily.

Anyway, hopefully other people have better luck but from my perspective these are junk.

T.

I installed mine yesterday!

I'm no electronic's tech, but I had no issues! I simply followed the video on how to install it, payed close attention to the section where they say be careful or you could break the pot.

I also installed the centre return arm for the throttle, also went in smoothly, my biggest dilemma was getting a spring to suit. I used one from a pen (seriously, and even that had to be cut down more!) now the throttle is a little more tence then the other side, but that will allow me to rotate without climbing or decending.

I was able to install both, without actually needing to sand any back etc, some 3d printers say the item will need a fine sanding, but I was pretty happy with the feel and fit of it all . . . My 3d printed gopro case (eBay) however, that'll take me some time to sand!

So far, from the few different place I've gotten 3d printed stuff from, shapeways ways the only place that was literally ready to install.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj