How do the flight logs work?

Reaction score
I performed a mapping mission and the aircraft was flying unstable at the higher speeds. Very wobbly at the higher speeds. This behavior occurred after recent software update.

I was trying to view the flight logs through DJI assistant 2 and it seems that multiple logs are generated for the one flight is that correct?
Does this mean

I want to see the gyro/accel data to see if I can see the abrupt changes in pitch axis to confirm my observations.

I performed a mapping mission and the aircraft was flying unstable at the higher speeds. Very wobbly at the higher speeds. This behavior occurred after recent software update.

I was trying to view the flight logs through DJI assistant 2 and it seems that multiple logs are generated for the one flight is that correct?
Does this mean

I want to see the gyro/accel data to see if I can see the abrupt changes in pitch axis to confirm my observations.

I would recommend downloading the aircraft DAT files. You can convert them to csv format and then analyze them in your software of choice.

Is it just one log per flight or is it multiple logs per flight?
It's just one per flight unless the .DAT needs to grow to be larger that 450 MB. Then a new .DAT will be started. Usually it's just one though. I don't have experience with the P4 but the limit is probably around 25 to 30 minutes of flight before the 450 MB limit is reached and a new .DAT is started.

Interesting. I have multiple logs from that one day, like maybe 6 of them. I only did 3 flights that added up to probably only 20 min of flight.
I'll have to dig deeper to understand

Interesting. I have multiple logs from that one day, like maybe 6 of them. I only did 3 flights that added up to probably only 20 min of flight.
A .DAT will be created when the battery is turned on even if there is no flight. Take a look at this for more info on picking the right .DAT.

What app did you use for the mapping mission?
What logs have you found and where did you find them?
The .dat file mentioned above is recorded on the Phantom's internal memory.
There may be other flight record files in your app depending on what app you used.

I used drone deploy. Unfortunately you can only obtain flight logs before you upload images they said

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello