Hover - #1 app for Drone pilots adds International airports to no-fly zone maps!

Reaction score
International airport no-fly zone maps are now available! Of course detailed US, UK, and Korean maps are still up and running as well :)

Hover - an app for Drone Enthusiasts

Hover Features (iOS & Android):
- US & UK no-fly zone maps
- Flight Logs
- Weather data
- Timer
- Industry News Feed

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Re: New app for Drone Enthusiasts launched

Having never tried, is this available on Android? As the link says 'iTunes' I naturally assume not.

I looked at the link, saw nothing more than the yellow screen with FLY, temp, compass, and what I guess must be a stop watch for flight duration. Tell us more. How does your app know where I am to give me weather and nearby airports? Show us some more screens with more than just go-no-go flight instruction.

Great Pumpkin said:
I looked at the link, saw nothing more than the yellow screen with FLY, temp, compass, and what I guess must be a stop watch for flight duration. Tell us more. How does your app know where I am to give me weather and nearby airports? Show us some more screens with more than just go-no-go flight instruction.

Features are below:

Weather data: Wind direction and speed, temperature and weather (rain, sun, cloudy). Data is pulled from Yahoo's weather API. We ask for permission to use your location.
Stop Watch: To keep track of flight duration
News Feed: We aggregated many RSS feeds from Google news, drone blogs, and drone company blogs. Please let us know what other blogs you'd like us to put in!
No Fly Zone Maps: This data is from the open source Mapbox no fly zone map. No fly zones include permanent and temporary restrictions. Data is from the US Military, FAA, and NPS.
https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/

I like it! The no fly map is especially useful when traveling.

Good start. the Temperature doesnt work, nor does the compass. The Stop Watch starts and stops but dosent reset

iswimmer said:

Just so you know the map is only applicable for the United States. I believe they are working on making an international version.

Prylar Bek said:
Good start. the Temperature doesnt work, nor does the compass. The Stop Watch starts and stops but dosent reset

Hi Prylar,

Can you PM me a screenshot of the bug you are seeing? Here are some things you can do that may help:

- Hard close the app and reopen
- Reinstall the app.

The only thing that might affect that would be Yahoo Weather's API. However, I don't see an error on my end.

To operate the stop watch, tap to start, tap to stop, and double tap to reset.

Thanks txdan. Now I know how to work stopwatch:)

Ok figured the watch out. Compass no workie. Love the concept. Here's some things you might consider adding. Love to see all of this on one app....GPS sats...weather...wind speed...local spots to fly at. Like RC clubs. It's a great start and if it becomes the go to site for phone apps I bet you can get lots of banner ads to support you Great start!

I think it's a brilliant idea and overtime I'm sure it will continue to evolve and enhance. I could easily see checking this app on a regular basis. One thing that would be a good add is some view of how many GPS satellites I should be receiving for my current coordinates. Otherwise good job.

i'll pull it down. perfect time as i launch the P2V for the first time! a newbie, fresh meat, yehaaaa.

news feeds - got em.
stop watch - got it,
temp & wind - got it
says "FLY" - good

maps - figured it out... have to close "mapbox" entry screen via "X" upper right, and then hit the arrow for locate... which is great for me as I sit 1/2 mile from NFZ border at my home

Thanks

mad in nc said:
i'll pull it down. perfect time as i launch the P2V for the first time! a newbie, fresh meat, yehaaaa.

news feeds - got em.
stop watch - got it,
temp & wind - got it
says "FLY" - good

maps - figured it out... have to close "mapbox" entry screen via "X" upper right, and then hit the arrow for locate... which is great for me as I sit 1/2 mile from NFZ border at my home

Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

iswimmer said:
Love the no fly zone also. I live next to Ft. Hood Texas & With this, I can see exactly where I am at & the start of the no fly areas.

Prylar Bek said:
Ok figured the watch out. Compass no workie. Love the concept. Here's some things you might consider adding. Love to see all of this on one app....GPS sats...weather...wind speed...local spots to fly at. Like RC clubs. It's a great start and if it becomes the go to site for phone apps I bet you can get lots of banner ads to support you Great start!

Thanks Prylar! Hmm strange the compass doesn't work. If you can replicate the steps and send to me via PM that would be super awesome.

Local spots to fly at would be super cool, we've also thought about letting other drone pilots know you're operating in a certain area. Local drone enthusiast chat was another idea that we had.

Cheers,
Dan

For the no fly zone map and weather alone aggregated. I'm sure I'll use it. I can finally stop using mobile safari all the time as there are a lot of airports in my area and I violated it once for not zooming in enough to see street view.

mad in nc said:

news feeds - got em.
stop watch - got it,
temp & wind - got it
says "FLY" - good

Thanks

Welcome to the forums! In the next version we will have the no fly zone maps automatically clear out the window, and auto locate your position ;)

As long as we are including our wish lists, a list of above airplanes would be cool.....sorta like FlightRadar 24 interface. Also information on solar storms.

terrylowe said:
As long as we are including our wish lists, a list of above airplanes would be cool.....sorta like FlightRadar 24 interface. Also information on solar storms.

Hmm do you know if there is an API available for that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic