Houston Fliers are ya out there??

Pico de Gallo said:
Anyone up for some Labor Day weekend flying? I flew around and took some video at Herman Park the other day. Took off from the hill by Miller Outdoor Theater. It was pretty cool, except for my SD card had an error and I lost the footage from the first flight.

I have family plans Sunday and Monday, but Saturday is wide open (for now).

Looks like rain all weekend. I was going to try to take mine down to galveston tomorrow if the weather is good. I'm still going to go, but might not get a to fly.

Went to the UH game Friday night. Thought about flying over, but then came to my senses. Can't say the same about the guy in Austin who flew over DKR with his Phantom during the game!!! Hahaha! At least they let him go, but not after they took him in for questioning. I'm sure they scared some sense into him!

Pico de Gallo said:
Went to the UH game Friday night. Thought about flying over, but then came to my senses. Can't say the same about the guy in Austin who flew over DKR with his Phantom during the game!!! Hahaha! At least they let him go, but not after they took him in for questioning. I'm sure they scared some sense into him!

Whoa! Is there a link to the story so I can see?

FlyingFanta said:
ATOMSK said:
I did get too close to the ground near a hill in my yard and it grabbed on the tall grass and flipped upside down. I walked over to it pick it up and was surprised to see no damage and it actually tried to take off out of my hand. After that battery wore out I popped in the spare and got use to the controls. I'm going to put my go pro in it tomorrow and take some vids.

The Phantoms are built like flying tanks especially if you're using prop guards. Here's a parking garage run where I run almost full steam into a cement column. I didn't even break a prop!

[vimeo]96535155[/vimeo]

You weren't kidding. I was flying in my in-law's back yard and got hung up in a sculpture they have. The quad went down, but quickly regrouped and got back in the air. The string in the prop guards came off, but I can't seen any other damage to the quad. I have some funny video if you want to see. I just need to figure out how to upload it to youtube.

STPimages said:
ATOMSK - new user here. Is there a way to message directly? I have a question for you.

Yeah, there is a PM (private Message) button on the right near my name.

Edit: I went ahead and PM'd you. Check your messages.

ATOMSK said:
Pico de Gallo said:

I don't have a link, but if you Google "Drone at UT Football Game" you should get some hits.

Pico de Gallo said:
ATOMSK said:
Pico de Gallo said:

I don't have a link, but if you Google "Drone at UT Football Game" you should get some hits.

http://kxan.com/2014/08/31/ut-police-in ... -over-dkr/

found it

FlyingFanta said:
ATOMSK said:
I live near that park on Stella Link. It's fairly open over there. That's where I plan on doing my first flight. Maybe saturday. I'm taking tonight to set it up.

Which park on Stella Link? ...like this one just north of the bayou?

[vimeo]85119293[/vimeo]

Yeah, that's the park I live next too. Always lots of people there.

OH, that's the guy! I was wondering about that just yesterday because the water was pretty deep. Well, I bet he's having fun with his QAV250

Pico de Gallo said:
ATOMSK said:
FlyingFanta said:
You guys should do a phantom meetup sometime. I miss mine!

What happened to your Phantom?

Don't you remember, he's the one who lost it in Braes Bayou. Any updates?

Unfortunately I never got any calls, emails, texts, PMs, etc regarding the lost Phantom. :(

I'd still like to find a good deal on a 1.1.1 again one day. Still have 4 3S 2200mah lipos, prop guards and the radio for it.

Otherwise, my next non mini-quad may be an F550 with a NAZA.

Pico de Gallo said:
Here's some video I took on my way home from work. Stopped along Memorial Dr and took some video along Buffalo Bayou. I accidentally converted from 1080p to 720p while editing, oops. Still looks good though.

http://youtu.be/W0y5ApE5uEU

Nice work. Did you see that runner in the red shirt? Were you stalking him

ATOMSK said:
Pico de Gallo said:
Here's some video I took on my way home from work. Stopped along Memorial Dr and took some video along Buffalo Bayou. I accidentally converted from 1080p to 720p while editing, oops. Still looks good though.

http://youtu.be/W0y5ApE5uEU

Nice work. Did you see that runner in the red shirt? Were you stalking him

Haha, yeah, he seemed like a "person of interest", so I was "invading his privacy" and with my "drone" as he was "jogging" in his "red shirt". Actually, several people slowed down and watched as they went by, but it was hard to gauge what they were thinking from their looks. It could have been anything to "What the heck is that?", or "There's one of them drones", or "My peaceful jog is now ruined because I have to worry about drones". Granted, I always assume the worst. It could be that they were thinking, "wow, that's cool!" But for some reason I doubt it, call me a pessimist.

Hi there,

I live in Houston Texas and am thinking about buying a Phantom 2 or Phantom 2 Vision plus. Definitely looking for Phantom enthusiasts in the area to talk to and also, would love to see the Phantom 2 in action before I make a purchase. Anyone in Houston that I can pick their brain on this quadcopter? Please let me know. Thanks.

Joseph Lee
[email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor