Houston - do we have a problem

Reaction score
Found a crack on my p3p - what do I do , ignore? glue? Just monitor ? Got DJI care but I don't want to send it off if it's unimportant and just cosmetic . Any advice?
f1d9598c6567ee7bd8d0bb07931132ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

if you have DJI care, i'd let them cover it for you. If you glue, you may void your warranty. The crack will increase in size, and could result in a motor popping off if the stress crack gets too significant. You will be down 1-2 weeks .. send it in when its going to be rainy :)

It's only done about 10hrs , I am super careful and really look after it, it's never been impacted in anyway and this is really disappointing given that quite a few folks are seeing the same - just hope if I send it off it comes back with an improved/reinforced version as if not I can see it happening again [emoji35]

Not your fault Dave. It has happened to many many Phantoms.
My advice is to fly it, watch for more cracks (there will be some) and send it back to DJI before the warranty expires. There has been no case that I've heard of where a motor has fallen out.

I'd definitely send it in for repair. When that motor is revving up and down it flexes in different directions causing the crack to get bigger and the motor could rub on the side, like mine did. Now I am replacing a motor and a shell.

If you decide to glue it, and if that involves unscrewing the motor mount screws. Be ultra careful as I suspect you may make the crack worse by over tightening by just the smallest amount, it happened to me . . . . my all new new shell looks great :)

Just received mine back for hairline cracks, took about 2 weeks to get it taken care of. They replaced the shell and updated my firmware to the latest. Send it in for repair, those cracks won't get any better and you could risk potentially losing your quad all together or even hurting someone else.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Not your fault Dave. It has happened to many many Phantoms.
My advice is to fly it, watch for more cracks (there will be some) and send it back to DJI before the warranty expires. There has been no case that I've heard of where a motor has fallen out.
There have been a couple posts where a motor has flown off in flight. No cracks were noticed before the flight if I recall the post correctly.
Do not glue it. If it is under warranty, send it in. If you take it apart you will void your warranty for any future problems.

Just received mine back for hairline cracks, took about 2 weeks to get it taken care of. They replaced the shell and updated my firmware to the latest. Send it in for repair, those cracks won't get any better and you could risk potentially losing your quad all together or even hurting someone else.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No doubt you'll be keeping a keen eye out for any reoccurrence of the cracking - how many flights / hours have you done on the new shell so far?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj