hospital helipad

Reaction score
i have a airspace question i have my part 107 and one area i like to fly is within 5 miles of a hospital with a heliport do i have to notify them when i fly i am more than 3 miles but under 5

Please don't be offended but the best answer to this is to go back and start over on learning your part 107.

In obtaining your 107 you should have learned how to look at sectional charts and determine what airspace you are in. Makes no difference how many miles you are from anything.

Reactions: BigAl07
As must as I hate to admit it, sswingle is 100% correct.

thanks for all the help I did study and do understand the different airspace but from what I have seen on charts most people all over the country will have to call before each flight so all I have seen about this is within 5 miles was just looking for better details but I guess I looked in the wrong place

I'm a hobbiest, but in this case I don't think it matters one way or another. Nor do I think airspace matters. I'd notify them no matter what leaving them the time I'll be flying, where, how high and how long. I also give them my name and number in case an unplanned flight is coming in.

I look at it this way. Somebody is in need of prompt medical attention and I don't want to be the cause of a delay. A life may hang in the balance.

While it is probably a good idea as a Part 107 operator to call and notify you must fly according to the airspace your in. If it's not Golf airspace you need authorization to enter the airspace.

In my experience there are numerous medical aircraft flying in of and out of hospital helipads. There is no tower or controlling power. The helicopter will call in their intentions to land with a patient. The person on the other end of the radio is a nurse in the emergency room. Her only concern is that they are ready for the patient based upon the emergency not to act as an air controller. The only control she may give would be notifying an incoming aircraft that there is already an aircraft on the pad and an estimated time it will take for that aircraft to depart. My point is who are you going to call that would even make a difference to notify any potential incoming aircraft that you are flying in the area. See and Avoid. Manned or Unmanned. That is how you fly. That is why you have to maintain visual of your craft at all times and scan the sky of other aircraft, and stay out of their way.

that makes sense I am going to call and see what they have to say next week the problem I have is the place I fly multiple times a week is about 4 miles away from the hospital so I am hoping there is a way to come to some kind of understanding with the hospital because I do have my 107 but when I fly at this location its more for fun

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl