Hoping to buy an SE soon

Reaction score
Hi, sorry I haven't been on here for a while, but I had to sell my DJI Standard I had a while back to get a new PC that was wearing out on me, so I'm currently working with a rewards site to earn giftcards towards the purchase of one, Amazon to be exact, but I haven't seen any Special Editions on Amazon, Iv'e seen one a month or 2 back, but someone finally bought it before I could, its mostly Standards I see, the ones with the red stickers on 2 of the arms, SE has gold like the 4K and Pro and has a 4 kilometer distance.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Hi, sorry I haven't been on here for a while, but I had to sell my DJI Standard I had a while back to get a new PC that was wearing out on me, so I'm currently working with a rewards site to earn giftcards towards the purchase of one, Amazon to be exact, but I haven't seen any Special Editions on Amazon, Iv'e seen one a month or 2 back, but someone finally bought it before I could, its mostly Standards I see, the ones with the red stickers on 2 of the arms, SE has gold like the 4K and Pro and has a 4 kilometer distance.

I'm in the US and they seem to be available here on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-...d=1512135600&sr=8-4&keywords=dji+phantom+3+se

Thanks for the link, when I first seen the SE, I was confused a bit about whether it was the same as the 4k or not, due to the golden stickers.

Hi, sorry I haven't seen any Special Editions on Amazon, Iv'e seen one a month or 2 back, but someone finally bought it before I could, its mostly Standards I see, the ones with the red stickers on 2 of the arms, SE has gold like the 4K and Pro and has a 4 kilometer distance.

They are also available at Best Buy here in USA:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dji-ph...ffcode=pg245487&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Purchased a spare and plan to test the 1.5.40 upgrade.....(yikes!)

I had My P-3 SE for several months now and "I Love "It.....i posted a message in the SE forum about : " im nearing 6 hours of flight time now "...check it out and all the Great Replies i got back and i also i took my very 1st Airborne Sunset picture too !

Attachments

• IControlling My Drone from 10 feet away (Medium).jpg
    IControlling My Drone from 10 feet away (Medium).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 470
Let US all know how the test went please "BanditsRoost" ! Thanks

MotorCycle-Man,
Played close to home for two days and then ran the SE out to 9400 feet distance and 240 feet altitude. Solid video all the way. I brought it back after reaching that point. I'm not a distance flyer but I feel confident it would have made the advertised distance. Granted, I'm in the country with little or no interference. My test site will allow 10,800 feet of clear straight out flight. (Corn, Tobacco and soy bean fields)
I've only ever taken the P4 out to that distance once.
Bottom line: I'm satisfied with
App. 3.1.23
Ver. 1.5.40
Phantom 3 SE
Short of the initial black screen before exiting and re entering GO wifi I had zero problems.
I flew P mode ATTI and IOC course lock, home lock and POI. All worked.
I flew out to 1000m, initiated RTH and the AC flew back to within one foot of the launch spot.
The photos and videos I shot were very sharp and crisp but terrible exposure. My fault I think, since i forgot I was shooting 4K with different camera instead of the normal P3S and P4. Manual exposures so I can't blame the AC/Camera. I'll do a redo of that test.....

Hope that helps some.

MotorCycle-Man,
Played close to home for two days and then ran the SE out to 9400 feet distance and 240 feet altitude. Solid video all the way. I brought it back after reaching that point. I'm not a distance flyer but I feel confident it would have made the advertised distance. Granted, I'm in the country with little or no interference. My test site will allow 10,800 feet of clear straight out flight. (Corn, Tobacco and soy bean fields)
I've only ever taken the P4 out to that distance once.
Bottom line: I'm satisfied with
App. 3.1.23
Ver. 1.5.40
Phantom 3 SE
Short of the initial black screen before exiting and re entering GO wifi I had zero problems.
I flew P mode ATTI and IOC course lock, home lock and POI. All worked.
I flew out to 1000m, initiated RTH and the AC flew back to within one foot of the launch spot.
The photos and videos I shot were very sharp and crisp but terrible exposure. My fault I think, since i forgot I was shooting 4K with different camera instead of the normal P3S and P4. Manual exposures so I can't blame the AC/Camera. I'll do a redo of that test.....

Hope that helps some.
WOW))))))))))))))) i'm very impressed your test went to Great..quite a encouragement to me and many others too........Thanks BanditsRoost for the very nice reply too.......Drone On>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12