Ho humm- haven't flown my P3A in 2 years

Reaction score
So anyone else parked their Phantom because of lost interest? it's been over 2 years since i've flown mine and just wondering if it's just me or have others lost interest and for what reasons? One of the main reasons and purposes i got a Phantom was to record amazing aerial videos.

My reasons:
#1) bored with flying in general - the "thrill" wore off. I mean, after flying for several years and having 2 Phantoms during that time I have explored all the interesting places within a 200 km radius to video. After a while it's like the same old

#2) there are no elevation changes around my neck of the woods that lend to interesting video and after a while flying at altitude all looks the same after a while and pretty flat from up there.

#3) there are the continually increasing regulations/restrictions that prohibit areas/places of interest to fly/video

I know the feeling. Have only flew twice this summer so far and that was at night. If you never flew flew at night try it. You will have great line of sight!

I agree. Same with me too. Got board of flying the same old route. So now I do litchi missions again.... I think that's more fun to be honest as you have the excitement off seeing what you caught on camera and of course the excitement of "hope I got the height correct" then spending the next 10 mins crapping yourself not knowing if it comes back or not. And when you hear it but not see it..... The excitement is just like when you first flew [emoji4][emoji4]

I'm one of those people that need a purpose to fly. This is my second summer with my P3P and I haven't flown much due to the weather, and i have huge back yard project, so when the weather is nice, I'm in the yard. My interest is still there. I went and bought a Telo so I could keep my skills up over the winter months. Minn winters are conducive to flying. Hopefully next summer I'll have time. I like exploring new areas and it's amazing what you can see from a couple hundred of feet up. I plan to do some photo's of relatives homes and send them the pics. Maybe (if i get my license) try to do it for cash. We'll see. I also like the challenge of getting it back on the ground in one piece after flying for a while. Dust it off , and take it up.
John

To be honest - I'm with OP ....

The DJI model is BORING to fly if you don't have interesting shoot material. There are no aerobatics or tricks you can do with it. Its purely a camera platform.

I know a number of owners - and near all are bored with them. One guy I know - when I asked him last time he flew his P3P ... he said he forgot where he put it !!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic