High resolution image

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a photo on skypixel that DJI would like to use on there sites, they are asking me to send them a high resolution version of the photo. Might be a stupid question but how do I do that? I'm sure it was a 5 shot HDR merged in lightroom then exported as a JPEG.

Hello all. I have a photo on skypixel that DJI would like to use on there sites, they are asking me to send them a high resolution version of the photo. Might be a stupid question but how do I do that? I'm sure it was a 5 shot HDR merged in lightroom then exported as a JPEG.
Just send them a copy of your original file. High res means they don't want a reduced size copy.
I hope they are paying for it.

They aren't paying for it no. Should they be? Here is the photo as a JPEG
Loch Watten Sam Mackay-.jpg

Good man. They should send you something. Hopefully it might lead to a job where you take pics for them

To be honest I'm not really expecting anything. Don't no how they managed to select my photo. Must be doing something right haha.

Ask them for a Spark? Really, get a real payoff. They'll use your pic and make millions off of sales. Get the Inspire 2 pro with the 7" Crystal Sky and at least $25,000. Of course you may have blown that chance if you agreed to their original terms. Kinda like Autopilot 360. They own the images as soon as you upload them to have the pano stitched.

Are you in the US? If yes, if you sell the picture to DJI is that considered commercial activity and therefore you need a commercial license from the FAA? I ask because I have a few pictures that people would like to buy (I fly for my personal enjoyment), but I am not really sure I can sell them because I don't have a commercial license nor am I running a business with aerial photography.

Hmm, that's a good point,. There is probably some amount of time or income you need to derive to be considered professional, just like the "hobby/loss" rule that the IRS uses to determine if you are really in a business that you are deducting expenses for that has not made money (you can only lose money for so long before the IRS says it's not a real business). Best to check with a financial/accounting type.

Are you in the US? If yes, if you sell the picture to DJI is that considered commercial activity and therefore you need a commercial license from the FAA? I ask because I have a few pictures that people would like to buy (I fly for my personal enjoyment), but I am not really sure I can sell them because I don't have a commercial license nor am I running a business with aerial photography.

There are many ways to deal with this - you could ask them to do a buyout for perpetuity, which would give them exclusive rights to the image forever- for that you would want the most money. Or you could license it to them for a period of, say, two years, and ask for less, then renegotiate after that time has past. A non-exclusive license would let you sell it elsewhere, such as on Adobe Stock or Shutterstock (not a lot of money per sale, but potentially a lot of sales). You should submit all your best shots to sites like that and see if they accept them...
But whatever you do, don't do it for "the experience." They would just be ripping you off at that point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.