Hero 3 or Hero 4?

Does anybody know about the original question ? Does the gopro 4 black plus transmit video output for fpv and video simultaneously with the latest h3-3d gimbal? anybody using it presently?

Palcuz said:
Does anybody know about the original question ? Does the gopro 4 black plus transmit video output for fpv and video simultaneously with the latest h3-3d gimbal? anybody using it presently?

I believe I've read somewhere that it depends on which version of the gimbal you're using.

Hi Carl- I've read that too. I guess I'm looking for somebody that has it and is using it but thanks for helping out. I do have the newer h33d just trying to do my homework before purchasing.

Palcuz said:
Hi Carl- I've read that too. I guess I'm looking for somebody that has it and is using it but thanks for helping out. I do have the newer h33d just trying to do my homework before purchasing.

99% positive that it does work with the newer H3, and if I'm wrong someone will delight in coming by and correcting me :)

CameraGuy said:
CaptMike,

You're completely right. I need a thicker skin.

It was his shot about cheesy logo that ticked me off. He is a newbie here, which most likely means without any work to show he's a troll, and I should have known better and let him do it.

I'd welcome anyone who doesn't know about 4K to visit your local big box store and see it first hand. I have a 4K monitor on my desk, a Samsung, and I have now shot with 5 4K cameras. The BlackMagic 4K, The Panasonic GH4, The Sony AX100, the inexpensive Panasonic ZX1000 and now the Hero 4.

In each case, the flexibility of the format - 4K provides so much more than simply the number of pixels. Shooting with the Hero 4 in 4K, and downsizing the pictures to 1080 will give you superior results, as would taking it down to 720. It will look like it was shot on a larger sensor. The ability to stabilize the 4K image to use just a portion of it. The ability to Pan and Scan the 4K image in a 1080 or 720 final image. These are all the abilities that make this camera the natural go to over the 3, or the lesser versions of the 4.

You are right, anything I post will be criticized. I forget that their are people who like the anonymity of the internet to bash others, and obviously the moron that attacked me is one of those people.

I'm semi retired, I take on jobs that I enjoy, and work with people I like. I sometimes think being a contributor can assist people, but then guys like Gomes remind me their is no value to me to trying to help.

So, unless I have a question, I will once again remove myself from contributing to the forum. I'll leave it to you guys with tougher skin :)

Palcuz said:
CameraGuy said:
CaptMike,

You're completely right. I need a thicker skin.

It was his shot about cheesy logo that ticked me off. He is a newbie here, which most likely means without any work to show he's a troll, and I should have known better and let him do it.

I'd welcome anyone who doesn't know about 4K to visit your local big box store and see it first hand. I have a 4K monitor on my desk, a Samsung, and I have now shot with 5 4K cameras. The BlackMagic 4K, The Panasonic GH4, The Sony AX100, the inexpensive Panasonic ZX1000 and now the Hero 4.

In each case, the flexibility of the format - 4K provides so much more than simply the number of pixels. Shooting with the Hero 4 in 4K, and downsizing the pictures to 1080 will give you superior results, as would taking it down to 720. It will look like it was shot on a larger sensor. The ability to stabilize the 4K image to use just a portion of it. The ability to Pan and Scan the 4K image in a 1080 or 720 final image. These are all the abilities that make this camera the natural go to over the 3, or the lesser versions of the 4.

You are right, anything I post will be criticized. I forget that their are people who like the anonymity of the internet to bash others, and obviously the moron that attacked me is one of those people.

I'm semi retired, I take on jobs that I enjoy, and work with people I like. I sometimes think being a contributor can assist people, but then guys like Gomes remind me their is no value to me to trying to help.

So, unless I have a question, I will once again remove myself from contributing to the forum. I'll leave it to you guys with tougher skin :)

Thanks

D
hey-how else can I get in touch-says private messages off. Love to chat!

Turn on messages and I'll send along Facebook info

CarlJ said:
Palcuz said:

I believe I've read somewhere that it depends on which version of the gimbal you're using.

I am expecting my H4 today or tomorrow, so I'll be able to say definitely one way or the other soon. The dealer assures me that the H4 works fine on the second-version Zenmuse H3 3D (the one without the Phantom accessory plug.)

SteveMann said:
I am expecting my H4 today or tomorrow, so I'll be able to say definitely one way or the other soon. The dealer assures me that the H4 works fine on the second-version Zenmuse H3 3D (the one without the Phantom accessory plug.)

It'll be nice to have a definitive answer, might save some from having to return something.

You'll want to update the camera's software right away, might be a good idea to go ahead and install the new GoPro Studio Software as you are able to update your 4 right inside the software.

The camera is still buggy even with the update, can not get a preview on my Galaxy Tab 10 to save my life, but I'm sure they'll fix it soon enough.

Thanks Steve!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj