Here's a Question!

Reaction score
Got a friend that had an interesting occurrence happen yesterday.

He was flying his P3P not too far from his home point, when he lost contact and the video locked up and apparently the transmitter got turned off or just quit! To his surprise, the P3 initiated a Return to Home and Landed flawlessly.

Now the question is, had he turned the transmitter back on, would he have regained control or could this have screwed up the RTH function and the aircraft would have crashed?

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
JT

That's what it's designed to do when it loses contact with the controller, provided the Failsafe RTH is set to do that in the GO app -(it can also be set to hover or land when contact is lost). If he turned the controller back on, he could cancel RTH and take control agin.

He should download the full manual, which explains this in detail and has a lot of other information he ought to be aware of.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom+3+Professional+User+Manual+v1.8_en_20160719.pdf

Reactions: mikeroc
Getting the connection back will not stop the RTH process

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

According to the manual, you can cancel the RTH by pressing the RTH button on the controller once you have reconnected with the bird.

On my P4, it will stop and hover at its current position and you can resume flying. I found an open field to test a lot of these functions

I write software. Sometimes it doesn't work like the manual says. I would rather test in controlled conditions.

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would think that the developers do the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav