Here is some DJI GO fly zone update help

Reaction score
I have just completed the dreaded update! WHOWA!! Now that I have some new underwear on I might be able to offer some help.

First I know of two cases where getting the update to take was very difficult. As luck would have it (it usually does) I was one of these. When loading GO to begin a flight you will eventually get the message that there is a "Necessary update" (wording is close) that needs to be done.. It sometimes comes with THE threat that if you don't load it you will only be able to fly four inches away from home point at a couple of centimeters of altitude. OK so much for the levity, you will need to load this update but you may run into some problems. These manifest themselves in the form of the update not "taking". This means that after you think the update has been completed, when you attempt to start the GO app to begin a new flight, you again get the message telling you that you need to perform the fly zone update. The one that you thought you just completed. You may or may not have gotten a message telling you that the update completed when it was first attempted. In any event if you encounter problems like this, check to see if you are also being asked to update your RC (Remote Control unit) It seems to be an advantage to have this done before you do the "Fly Zone update" If the system calls for the "Fly Zone update" after you have done it once already make sure that you have a very strong network connection. If the problem repeats, try a different cable to connect your control device (phone, IPAD, Android, etc.) You may still have to perform the operation several times.

In addition to the problem outlined in the preceding paragraph, I experienced a very unusual problem. The camera output on my IPAD worked fine at my desk in the house where I performed the updates but when I took the drone outside to fly it, the IPAD screen was "blank" completely white. When I returned to my office it worked fine! After a couple of GO reloads I was walking to the house and noticed the screen change.

The screen was not blank it was completely white! During the update the camera setting went from AUTOMATIC to MANUAL and at the setting it was on, any light at all overloaded it!! Uhg!!

As far as the altitude and distance, I went out to give it a try but (of course) got rained out LOL! I'll leave that for another day.

Hope this helps someone to not waste a bunch of there time or scratch their head bare.

G L Steve.

As long as you log into Thursday account after the update your good to go. There aren't any issues. If you are in flight and you have limited flight because you did not log in, you can log in while in flight and bam! Your limitations are gone.

Hi and thank you for the reply.
Can you explain the "log into Thursday" that you mentioned, I didn't do it so if you could explain is some detail I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik