Help

Reaction score
All, I've just got a Phantom FC40 and I'm having a fairly difficult time getting to the point where its all up and running.
I've put it together as per the many videos - that went fairly straight forwardly.
Getting to the point of flying it from that point hasn't been.

When I started If I connected the battery I get the positive audio and then just a constantly flashing red light.
I then did this and moved the GPS switch up and down several times.

After that when I connected the battery and turned the controller on, I get a green light following by 3 red lights (G-RRR-G-RRR)
I'm struggling to understand what that means.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.
Also, if there are any North East England peeps on the forum, if you could drop me a message, it might be that a get together is more useful in terms of getting the hang of this.

Thanks in advance.
davywavy

I'm just a newby myself, but I believe that you should turn on the controller first, then connect the battery and wait while the drone completes its startup procedure. Then do the calibration dance and you'll be ready to fly.

Yes, Cucola, has the correct procedure. I would further suggest that you connect the Phantom to your NAZA software and do the firmware update. And also set the IOC and Failsafe modes on your 2 switches on your TX. Don't ever try flying if you have red blinking lights.

Once you have confirmation that you have acquired satellites (all green lights) be sure to do the "dance".

Happy flying!

All, thanks for the replies.
Have managed to figure out the red light situation.

Have just tried your suggestion galencg10 and tried to update the firmware. Have downloaded the NAZA software onto a laptop running Windows 8 and although it says it has installed it there is no icon to launch the software - so that is now the next hurdle to overcome :)

davywavy said:
All, thanks for the replies.
Have managed to figure out the red light situation.

Have just tried your suggestion galencg10 and tried to update the firmware. Have downloaded the NAZA software onto a laptop running Windows 8 and although it says it has installed it there is no icon to launch the software - so that is now the next hurdle to overcome :)

I seem to remember doing something special because of Windows 8, but I'm pretty sure that was my gimbal software.

Here's a great video on setting up the FC40 (I know you're beyond this point, but it can't hurt)

http://vimeo.com/91205661

And here's a video on downloading and installing the software

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv37d5DoNQA

I didn't do any update. I am very wary of firmware updates.

I turned on IOC, set Failsafe to come home and land, set the bottom position on S1 to RTH and VERY IMPORTANT, set the limits to something realistic. Both height and distance limits are set to 2000 yards, which is 1.13 miles.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20