Help with pinpointing issue

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I crashed my vision+ just after xmas and have finally got the parts to fix it. (all fine now) However, I was given the opportunity to buy 2 "faulty birds" for stupid money so I thought hey, what the hell.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to find out if the wifi modules are dead or if theres something else...

I have the birds turned on and can find both wifi signals. Does this mean that both should have FPV? One has the dreaded black screen and the other has a damaged camera so I haven't had chance to switch the camera out yet.

Any help in identifying the issue before I take them apart any more than I already have would be greatly appreciated.
ps, no signs of burnout on the boards (both v2)
pps, if I just change the camera and gimbal, do I need to re-pair the module and camera?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Yes Phil, anytime you switch out a Wi-Fi module you have to rebind. There’s a number on the Wi-Fi module, just manually enter this in your binding process. You should only have to enter the last six numbers. Example 60601FXXXXXX. You need to perform a ping test. That’ll let you know if your Wi-Fi module is working. Usually the bottom board goes bad. If you ping 192.168.1.10 and get no response, your bottom board is out. There’s a few people on the forum that will reflash your Wi-Fi module for less than half the price of a new one. As for the camera not sure, i’ve read different things on this. Some say the camera has a hidden Wi-Fi signal others say you should just be able to plug it up and it work. Good luck.

Thanks David,
I have tried rebinding my camera/wifi module by hitting reset on the repeater then rebinding with the qrcode/Mac address. However, the bloody thing won't rebind! I now have no fpv but also no telemetry. Any ideas people. Bloody infuriating. Telemetry was done prior to attempted re bind.

Haha, beat it into submission!

still no video so I've ordered the chip for the Nand flash but I now have telemetry again. As it turns out... (because DJI have removed the app from the store again they are probably aware of this) the Android software isn't fully compatible with current Android OS. The trick is to find an OLD android or a kindle Fire which runs a bastardised version of 4.4. If you do this, the wifi module binds first go without the need of the whole power cycle issue as well.
I now just need to fit my new motor, camera ribbon cable and 2x Nand flash to have 3 fully working birds. (ere's hoping I'm not counting my chickens before theyve hatched lol)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT