Help with last flight data

Reaction score
Ok. So, like I posted yesterday with my dropped video, I have downloaded it to healthy drones. Here is the link. Can someone please tell me what this means with the signal drop? That is where my video cut out and as you can see, it was not far from me. It looks to me like it was just interference yesterday, but I want to make sure. Last night all worked fine. Any help would be appreciated.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks,
Nick

Ok. So, like I posted yesterday with my dropped video, I have downloaded it to healthy drones. Here is the link. Can someone please tell me what this means with the signal drop?
HD explain it well in their notes:
Downlink data connection lost ( Data Loss ) means that the remote got partial or no flight data from the aircraft for more than 1 second, which means the data downlink had issues.
It is possible that during this time there is a sense of full control of the aircraft via the remote as well as clear video, however typically the video gets choppy and the remote controls may have some delay.
This is typically an indication that the aircraft was flying in a high interference area or that distance was a negative factor. In these conditions the aircraft is at higher risk of initiating the Return-To-Home function.

Reactions: Nickster
HD explain it well in their notes:
Downlink data connection lost ( Data Loss ) means that the remote got partial or no flight data from the aircraft for more than 1 second, which means the data downlink had issues.
It is possible that during this time there is a sense of full control of the aircraft via the remote as well as clear video, however typically the video gets choppy and the remote controls may have some delay.
This is typically an indication that the aircraft was flying in a high interference area or that distance was a negative factor. In these conditions the aircraft is at higher risk of initiating the Return-To-Home function.
Thanks Meta. For some reason that cell tower must have been putting out a lot more interference than I have had before. Thanks for checking that too. I appreciate it. Another great reason I love this forum.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok. So, like I posted yesterday with my dropped video, I have downloaded it to healthy drones. Here is the link. Can someone please tell me what this means with the signal drop? That is where my video cut out and as you can see, it was not far from me. It looks to me like it was just interference yesterday, but I want to make sure. Last night all worked fine. Any help would be appreciated.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Thanks,
Nick
Gyazo - d4d6ae28285c2ace72da1b94aac793d1.jpg

if it was directly above you, and your antennae were not parallel to the ground, that will cause it. Most of the time, I find this issue to be related to antennae positioning. The cell tower should not interfere with it. You cant fly in my area without being close to a tower, and it never bothered me. Next time it happens, look at antennae orientation to craft.

if it was directly above you, and your antennae were not parallel to the ground, that will cause it. Most of the time, I find this issue to be related to antennae positioning. The cell tower should not interfere with it. You cant fly in my area without being close to a tower, and it never bothered me. Next time it happens, look at antennae orientation to craft.
It was right at it upright as manual says. Not sure what was up. I flew yesterday with no problem at all at the same spot.

Did some more tests. I realized today when I flew the other day my remote was about 60% charged. I think that made a difference. No issues with full charge

It was right at it upright as manual says. Not sure what was up. I flew yesterday with no problem at all at the same spot.

if at the upright and your bird is overhead (as in tips pointing at bird), signal sucks. Not sure if this is the case based upon what you said

Not the case here. It was about 500 feet away from me 50 feet up when it went out. Had the long side pointed at it. Thanks for the tips!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl