Help with fpv

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out. I have installed the IOSD mini and an immersion transmitter using the plug and play cable but the transmitter will not power up and the screen is blank?
Thanks
Tony

Make sure you used the correct cable just because the cable plugs into the immersion TX doesn't mean the positive & negative wires couldn't be crossed and short out your VTX. For example going from a flysight 400 mw TX to an immersion 600 mw the same plug n play cable can be used but the wires have to be switched around.

Can anyone help me out. I have installed the IOSD mini and an immersion transmitter using the plug and play cable but the transmitter will not power up and the screen is blank?
Thanks
Tony

Hey Tony, welcome to the forum.

You should include more information in the title, like which bird or FPV setup you have.

You could also offer a lot more info in your post. It is going to be a game of questions and answers, and take a long time.

It is the recommended units for fpv set up for the dji phantom 2. I followed all the instructions on you tube

Match up your cables to the VTX ports. Make sure your power, video and ground are in the correct spot. I have to move a couple wires to get mine working.

Thanks
Tony

You haven't supplied enough information. What monitor are you using? Is the TX and iOSD mounted on the out side? What band are you using? Are both your monitor and Go Pro set to either PAL or NTSC?
It's easier to give you the correct answer when you supply all the information.

Match up your cables to the VTX ports. Make sure your power, video and ground are in the correct spot. I have to move a couple wires to get mine working.
Thanks for your reply, however I bought the cable already made up so this would not be an issue
Tony

Do you have a blinking green light on your mini osd? How about your transmitter? Mine has a red power led. Also make sure you never power the transmitter without the antenna .it could burn it up.

I do have a green light on the IOSD mini but nothing on the transmitter. I have connected the transmitter to a battery and it lights up. Do you think there could be a problem with the cam socket inside the dji phantom 2?
Thanks
Tony

Thanks for your reply, however I bought the cable already made up so this would not be an issue
Tony

The make up cable that I have was mismatched for the VTX port. I have to switch the video wire to get video feed. You can always change the position of the wire on the connector...no soldering required too!

I can't see a way of swapping the cables over without cutting them off and soldering back on? The wires go straight into a plug connection?
Thanks for your reply
Tony

I can't see a way of swapping the cables over without cutting them off and soldering back on? The wires go straight into a plug connection?
Thanks for your reply
Tony

3FD07A44-4E31-4B98-B411-3F3D57378D14.jpg

EC814FB9-E4A5-4E4D-BBEC-F9CA89BB8D72.jpg

Use a small needle to gentle poke where the silver tap shows on the connector, then you can remove each wire from the connector. Then you can switch the position of the wire into different slots on the connector.

Hi
Thanks for your detailed reply. Unfortunately still no luck. Could there possibly be a fault with the dji phantom 2 socket?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers