Help me understand this chart...

Reaction score
Please see screenshot. I am trying to understand the airspace I am dealing with here. I understand that ILM is contained within Class D airspace to 2500 ft; and that outside of that is some Class E airspace as noted by the magenta gradient. What I don't get is the 60/SFC designation. ILM does have a TRSA (terminal radar service area), noted by the large gray circle enclosing the entire region - is that what the surface to 6000 is referring to? If so, what are the regulations concerning UAS operations within a TRSA?
ilm-sectional.jpg

Good question. I don't believe I have ever read where that was addressed in Part 107. Participation in TRSA is voluntary and not mandatory. looking at your map the inner TRSA is within the Class D so you couldn't fly there anyways. The outer is 1,600 to 6,000 feet so you wouldn't be flying that either. So the TRSA shouldn't make any difference where you fly.

Reactions: SkyFrog
TRSA is not an airspace classification and only a radar separation service to VFR and IFR pilots. Part 107 operations would only need approval if performed within the Class D or E airspace.

I initially missed the inner gray circle - now it makes sense. The small inner circle is the TRSA from SFC to 6000. The outer TRSA is the 60/16

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez