Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was never able to determine the root cause. When I filed Purchase Protection claim with AMEX, they said crash was due to manufacturer defect and not eligible. DJI, the manufacturer, said in their best broken English with a lovely week long delayed response to an email, that the crash was due to the fact that I used aftermarket propellers which voids the warranty as the crash was due to neglect on my part. WHAT!?!? First of all, they've never seen my quadcopter besides a picture I sent them which had the original props on it because that's all I ever had. I never had aftermarket props. Just got a response today from them saying again, final answer, they won't refund me for my purchase and have determined that my quadcopter is ineligible for repair due to use of aftermarket props. Again, I never said anything about this to them and wouldn't have as that's totally absurd and not true.

Hi Guys

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I think I followed the instructions as far as the FPV goes but I'm getting a shaky screen. I thought it was due to the audio on the gopro. Whenever I speak or start up the copter, it sames as though the monitor responds to sound? I've checked all wire connections and other hook ups but I can't figure out the problem. Im using a 7 in Pro Aim monitor and a 5.8G trasmitter/reciever set. Can anyone help?

Re: Help Forum loss of vision

I have a phantom 2 with gopro Hero + 3 Black edition, Flysight FPV
I was seeing everything through the screen but am now not.
I have charged and checked screen, gopro and remote although that does not matter to check signal
I switch on Phantom, gimble works, camera moves.
I switch on FPV screen
I switch on Phantom
I see flight information - altimeter, and horizon line etc but no transmitted image. I mover the copter and the horizon line moves and I have filmed successfully flying by sight but still no camera image on screen.
I have checked through the channels - no change. I have left the transmitter channel at 8 where it was before and as far as I can tell, all the connections are correct.
That's it.
What am I missing? Very grateful for someone to point out the obvious...:)

Apologies if I have put my query into the wrong box. I will look elsewhere as well.

Just got a PV2+. It works fine with my Galaxy S2 phone, but I would like to use my Galaxy Tab4 tablet. I can't download the app. It says incompatible. What to do? Others claim it works great.
Bergy

Legal Flying

I am new to this so I hope you can help me out here. I live in Scotland and I need to know the legal restrictions on flying from public parks etc; I have read a lot of articles but find even the official sites are contradictory. My conclusion is you can't even fly within 150 metres of public space used for recreational purposes, as this comes within the meaning of "a congested area". Please help I would hate to see my grandson and I arrested.

Re: Legal Flying

Laird of Sunart said:
I am new to this so I hope you can help me out here. I live in Scotland and I need to know the legal restrictions on flying from public parks etc; I have read a lot of articles but find even the official sites are contradictory. My conclusion is you can't even fly within 150 metres of public space used for recreational purposes, as this comes within the meaning of "a congested area". Please help I would hate to see my grandson and I arrested.

did you try this site? http://www.saaweb.co.uk/

Re: Legal Flying

No I haven't seen this site but I will give it a go , thanks I'll get back to you.
I've given it a look. It turns out I have seen it before. To be honest, I look on these clubs as being for plane flyers, so I haven't given much thought to joining one.

Hello...

I have a PH2 with HD 3D Gopro3+ and DJI 5.8 video transmitter. I would like to add a PC Ground Station to my setup. What do I need to have everything operational?

Also, can anyone confirm that when I purchase the iPAD Ground Station everything required for the "PC Ground Station: is included. It seems all software and drives come with the iPAD version.

Thanks in advance!

I need technical assistance for DJI Phantom 2

I have never flown the MC. Yesterday would have been first flight, but it wouldn't compass calibrate. I tried and tried. The horizontal calibration works fine. But the vertical when complete returns to slow flashing yellow. I did the software calibration, and all is fine. But the vertical just will not calibrate.

So I decided to at least start the motors any way for the first time, even if I can't fly. The motors will not start on GPS mode nor on ATTI. When I push on the sticks (in any of the combinations) to start... the red LEDs on the MC blink 5 times, then it returns to slow flashing yellow, and nothing happens. The motors don't start. Help!!

I just replaced a broken vertical arm on my rotorpixel gimble.
The gimble works like new, but now:

- I am showing 0% on full batteries
- I cannot manually pitch the camera down or up.

Checked all connections, checked for pinched wires, etc.
Why would I have no manual cameral pitch control and 0% battery indicated? I feel like the 2 problems are related, but I am stumped as to why.

Thanks for any help.

I am having some type of interference with my GoPro when flying my P2. Does anyone know what is causing this type of footage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 1.48.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 1.48.28 PM.png
    418.9 KB · Views: 540
Samsung Galaxy Tab Jelly Bean Wifi Issue Phantom 2 vision Pl

Hi there I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The Issue Is the WiFi is lagging and freezing on the Samsung Tablet, the issue even happens when the when the unit is on the ground. I dont have this issue on my phone which is a HTC sensation on Ice cream. The screen is way too small for taking images. I will mod the the WiFi when the new antenna arrives for better reception. I would have thought that there would be good reception at low altitude in stock condition, All help appreciated regards Stuart

Hi I currently have a phantom 2 with a go pro 4 black and the hd-3d gimbal,and I I have just bought the remote just thought would the possibility of interference between the phantom and the remote/camera? Thanks for any help

I need help! is there a way to test the controller on a phantom without the assistant program. my phantom can't seem to read my controller.

Yellow blinking lights, Solid red receiver light : Help Foru

Hello Forum, I would appreciate any guidance/help!

Crashed my Phantom 2 V 2.0 with FPV, and Gimbal HD3. Physical damage appeared limited to my Hero 4 plug and a broken propeller.

Phantom powers up normally but I am unable to start motors phantom now because it now has constant yellow blinking lights and a solid red receiver light (I have tried to re-link by pushing and holding receiver until it blinks but it always returns to solid red). I opened Phantom and all components seemed connected and undamaged (but I cannot see the receiver board).

I have connected to Phantom 2 Assistant and checked the following:

1) GYROSCOPE mod shows 0.1 to 0.5
2) ACCELERATION mod is 1.01
3) COMPASS mod is 760 to 790
4) I also performed an advanced calibration and got the green check indication (when I plugged in to Phantom Assistant later, it asked to re calibrate again).
5) GPS reads 0,0,0 (when connected to Phantom 2 Assistant Indoors).

My best guess is that the receiver may be damaged and will not link to the transmitter (remote), or a possible GPS issue? Any suggestions other than replacing the transmitter board and antennas???

Many thanks,

Rod

Okay, I get confused a lot, but I thought this was supposed to explain what this section of the forum was about. Why are questions and answers being posted here?

TWENTY pages of questions that could be posted within this forum. I never thought to look here for those seeking answers.

Mods, am I mistaken?

Have the Vision+, took a hard sideways landing, doesn't want to record a pic or vid. Also, when powering up, the camera clicks about 5-6 times and stops in a downward 45 degree angle. Is there anyone in the NorCal Bay Area that works on these? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl