Hello from a wet Louisiana

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm Jason and just got my first quad copter. My birthday is next weekend so my wife decided to get me an early present. The only RC stuff I've played with is cars and trucks and that was never a serious hobby. The only arial experience I have is when my dad and I got into the rockets in the 80s.

Since my wife and I bought our first house a few year ago, I've been wished Google maps would update our neighborhood more. We've done a lot of stuff around our house and I thought it would be nice to be able to document the changes over time. So, for a while I've toyed with the idea for some type of quad copter. Last week I decided on the Phantom 3 Standard. The DJI line seems to be the best for beginners and for all I want it for, the P3 Standard seemed to be the best bet. I could have gone with the P2 but I didn't want to use my GoPro as well, I'd rather have it all inclusive.

So it arrived today and of course it's been raining ALL DAY. Louisiana weather at its best. Thankfully, our weather is such that it could end at any second, and until then I can read here and see what to do to hopefully avoid ending up with a $500 paperweight on day one. Not to mention the backlash form the wife.

The battery is charged, the remote is almost done and the poor thing is just perched up there waiting for its maiden voyage.

IMG_2940.JPG

rain should stop soon then you well be flying like crazy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl