Heathrow Airport: June & July 2019

Reaction score
Heathrow Airport faces more serious disruption in the weeks ahead. Environmental activists Extinction Rebellion - in my view, as a professional wildlife conservationist, a pressure group run by dubious semi-extremist left-wingers - are planning to shut down Heathrow by using drones "one day in June". They say this will be followed by "10 further days" of disruption "in July".

Assuming this protest goes ahead, which is likely based on recent events, they'll significantly annoy a lot of people scheduled to fly off on holiday etc. Whereas this isn't the best way to win over hearts and minds, the organisers of this pressure group appear to be more inclined towards an anti-social disruption agenda - rather than pushing for a genuine step forward in environmental education.

It's not clear if they have drones which are able to penetrate the no-fly zone around Heathrow Airport, but they would be unintelligent not to have thought about this issue.

Update: It's the first day of August and - unless I've missed something - the planned disruption thankfully didn't go ahead. Perhaps the legal action against members of this dubious pressure group for other recent protests have dissuaded others?

People should be judged by the sum of their actions, rather than words (which are often cheap). Anyone can say or claim anything, but their actions usually reveal something different. The human race will progress when it starts focusing on an anti-hypocrisy test.

Update: It's the first day of August and - unless I've missed something - the planned disruption thankfully didn't go ahead. Perhaps the legal action against members of this dubious pressure group for other recent protests have dissuaded others?

People should be judged by the sum of their actions, rather than words (which are often cheap). Anyone can say or claim anything, but their actions usually reveal something different. The human race will progress when it starts focusing on an anti-hypocrisy test.

There was an announcement some time back that they had decided to cancel the proposed protests.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20