Hawaii

Reaction score
I am going to be spending a week in kona and i was wondering if there are any good places to fly. Obviously i am aware of the Faa rules of commen sense, much help thanks!

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Aloha Roroman13, bring your bird to Green Sand Beach. It's about a 90 min. drive south of Kona and almost a 3 mile hike to the beach, but you'll have a spacious and scenic view to fly and take videos/pics. You'll encounter people hiking to and from the beach, but basically you'll be alone on the trails. Once you get to the beach, cool off and go swimming then walk to the top of the hill and take more shots with the drone. The trip is an all day activity, Rt. 11 is a serpentine road, so take it slow. If you're with a group that doesn't hike, there are locals who can shuttle you to and from the beach, I would not recommend using your own or rented vehicle..Hawaii Volcanos National Park is a little further down, but no drones allowed...Shipman Beach, on the Hilo Side is another drone friendly and secluded hike.. Hope you have an awesome time on the Big Island!

Aloha Roroman13, bring your bird to Green Sand Beach. It's about a 90 min. drive south of Kona and almost a 3 mile hike to the beach, but you'll have a spacious and scenic view to fly and take videos/pics. You'll encounter people hiking to and from the beach, but basically you'll be alone on the trails. Once you get to the beach, cool off and go swimming then walk to the top of the hill and take more shots with the drone. The trip is an all day activity, Rt. 11 is a serpentine road, so take it slow. If you're with a group that doesn't hike, there are locals who can shuttle you to and from the beach, I would not recommend using your own or rented vehicle..Hawaii Volcanos National Park is a little further down, but no drones allowed...Shipman Beach, on the Hilo Side is another drone friendly and secluded hike.. Hope you have an awesome time on the Big Island!

Thank you so much, sadly the car we rented is only 2wd so green sands is off but Shipman beach i will be checking out today, and i will post some photos so you can enjoy for your assistance on helping me out, Fly safe and Mahalo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20