Has anyone tried Microsoft Research Hyperlapse for videos?

Reaction score
So, notification of biased post in advance, I know some of the team that worked on the Hyperlapse project, and while they weren't initially targeting flying camera platforms, I thought it might be fun for us to experiment with.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/hyperlapseapps/#pro

Hyperlapse is designed to smooth out handheld shaky cam videos from things like a go pro. I'm not sure how it would handle jello but I thought I'd see if any of you have tried it and had any feedback for the team.

--jim

I would like to do 360 VR panoramas with photos from my P3P.
Any suggestions on what tools to use? I'm on Apple computers.
Thanks in advance!

It is a nice simple tool. The Microsoft watermark is a downer. I hear is will be removed after the product exits the Preview phase.

Hyperlapse won't have much use for aerial videography. I've used it for helmet cam video (go Karts and biking) and for dash-cam mounted go pro scenic drive videos. It works incredibly well for that sort of thing. Super super simple interface. Select video (camera make/model/setting are automatically imported) and you select the "speed up rate" and click go. A few minutes later you have a hyperlapse.
Zinnware hits on the reason I haven't uploaded any. The watermark is annoying. Once it's out of beta-testing and that goes away I'll be re-doing some of my videos for youtube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers