Has anyone opened up their remote controller?

Reaction score
I've just noticed that black seating that the right controller sits in is a bit loose - meaning that it sinks down like its not connected inside. This can effect the up and down motion because it "catches" when moving it. On top of that, I can hear what what sounds like a tiny screw or a small piece of plastic. Don't ask me how this has happened because it's been sitting in storage for a year and I've never dropped it. Anyway - I'd like to take a look inside but thought I'd check to see if anyone has ever opened the RC up and if they have any tips/tricks. Thanks in advance.

I've just noticed that black seating that the right controller sits in is a bit loose - meaning that it sinks down like its not connected inside. This can effect the up and down motion because it "catches" when moving it. On top of that, I can hear what what sounds like a tiny screw or a small piece of plastic. Don't ask me how this has happened because it's been sitting in storage for a year and I've never dropped it. Anyway - I'd like to take a look inside but thought I'd check to see if anyone has ever opened the RC up and if they have any tips/tricks. Thanks in advance.
Yeh there is some mounts that are there,sorry for bad picture but gives a idea,,,usb module on back with ribbon cable area to take your time,is this what you referring to,,? It does have plastic cam under stick ,mayby something dropped on top ? Or got knocked somehow hope this helps
Screenshot_20190605-092730.jpg

It has not been uncommon for parts to break off inside the RC's. Often it has been the screws on the sticks or the RTH button. It sounds like this is what happened to you as well. If it were mine, I'd open it and see if I could fix it. There are many threads on this to help you since as I said its not uncommon.

Here is just one example the several we’ve seen over the years:
R.C. broken

If you open your RC up, first remove the USB cover and disconnect the Main Board ribbon cable. Remove the 4 screws under the rubber feet and gently pry the two halves apart. Near the bottom on the left (controller facing down) will be the connector for the battery. Disconnect this and the two halves will separate completely. If the rattling part is NOT a screw, send me a pic and I'll see if I can find a replacement. (I have 3 broken controllers that I can take parts from)

Take it apart in the correct order starting with the USB cover on the back. If you fail to do this (like I did the first time) and just split the front and back of the controller you will break a small fragile ribbon cable. Just watch some vids on youtube before you do it and you will be fine.

Take a look at Remote controller problems

My remote did the same thing,YouTube has a few videos on this,I also had a screw stoping the joystick from operating properly, once I opened the remote and removed the screw I glued the joystick to the remote as the plastic housing was broken,now it works like new again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31