Hard to view tablet even with hood P3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I own a P3P with a ipad mini 3 with a 10' hood. I flew this the bird aka p3 a few times and the last two times I notice it was extremely difficult to see the screen even with a full size hood. I went into the ipad and tweaked everything needed to make the screen as clear as possible, then I flew the bird at the beach on a cloudy day, and it was so difficult to see the screen even when I was facing away from any bright light and huddled into a ball, that still didn't work I ended up having to take my sweater and covering my head like a creeper just to get a 'ok" viewing. :eek:

Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone tell me if there is a different option, or something I can do to fix this, this is really bad, I mean its kind of a big issue. Any suggestions or should I just eventually invest in goggles again? In california its illegal to wear goggles while flying so that is already an issue.

Hey guys,

So I own a P3P with a ipad mini 3 with a 10' hood. I flew this the bird aka p3 a few times and the last two times I notice it was extremely difficult to see the screen even with a full size hood. I went into the ipad and tweaked everything needed to make the screen as clear as possible, then I flew the bird at the beach on a cloudy day, and it was so difficult to see the screen even when I was facing away huddled into a ball, that still didn't work I ended up having to take my sweater can covering my head like a creeper just to get a 'ok" viewing. :eek:

Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone tell me if there is a different option, or something I can do to fix this, this is really bad, I mean kind, this would be a big issue. Any suggestions or should I just eventually invest in goggles again? In california its illegal to wear goggles while flying so that is already an issue.

Look into getting an anti-glare screen protector for your ipad. I use an anti-glare with my hoodivision and it's very usable. The hoodivision isn't a 90 degree shade it sits at 70 degrees so that the screen reflects the black inside of the hood and not your face.

Reactions: EnronCEO
Look into getting an anti-glare screen protector for your ipad. I use an anti-glare with my hoodivision and it's very usable. The hoodivision isn't a 90 degree shade it sits at 70 degrees so that the screen reflects the black inside of the hood and not your face.
I bought a "highly reviewed anti glare screen protector for the ipad mini on amazon, it was so bad I ripped it off during a flight I wasn't able to see. Which one did you buy? Is there one out there that this forum would recommend, after that first debacle with the anti glare I am kind of hesitant to buy another.

I bought a screen for my Shield and pulled off during the first flight as well.

I can see the screen but I agree, it's difficult. I sometimes find myself turning away from the sun. I bought the some board from Staples and I'm putting together some sun shades myself. I try to avoid using the most as they can be a pain.

Reactions: bbfpv and EnronCEO
I bought a screen for my Shield and pulled off during the first flight as well.

I can see the screen but I agree, it's difficult. I sometimes find myself turning away from the sun. I bought the some board from Staples and I'm putting together some sun shades myself. I try to avoid using the most as they can be a pain.
I agree with that I look away all the time now just to barely see anything and I kind of I get panicky when I get bad reception, flying closest to a cliff and water and you have no FPV or line of sight. lol

Try this one, works for me.
http://www.amazon.com/SUPERSHIELDZ-Anti-Glare-Anti-Fingerprint-Protector-Replacements/dp/B00FO1QRXO

So if goggles are illegal to wear in Cali, what's the difference with a sweater over your head? I'd think goggles would be a lot better, just saying.
Yeah I totally agree with that It was bad I had to sit down cover my whole head with my sweater and when my reception got bad I had to rip it off just to barely find it according to the location with my tablet map location. California has wonky laws to basically make it hard for you to fly a drone.

Reactions: Fplvert
Reactions: chicago jeff
my iPad mini is dying pretty quick... Supposedly the iPad Air 2 has an anti glare screen which is much better. Think I'll got this route

my iPad mini is dying pretty quick... Supposedly the iPad Air 2 has an anti glare screen which is much better. Think I'll got this route
Ug I just got the mini 3 :( Oh for the ipad I turned everything off and left it just for dji app and any essential usage I find the battery life last longer. Also less fighting over signal useage with apps.

Are you using that with a ipad mini?

Can you take a screenshot with like condition so I can see how it fairs out with your viewing?
Here's a picture of my Nvidea Shield with the same matte protector.
image.jpg
Really cuts the glare. I have the Supershieldz on everything.

Here's a picture of my Nvidea Shield with the same matte protector. View attachment 20087 Really cuts the glare. I have the Supershieldz on everything.
How you like the Nvidea? How does it compare as far as brightness outside to the ipad?

The Nvidea is a great tablet. The stereo speakers, HDMI out, micro sd card slot, Bluetooth, wifi, and an accessible SIM card, it's got a lot going for it!

I'd say it's as bright as the mini, but not as bright as the iPhone.

Biggest difference is weight. IPad mini 11.1 ounces to Nvidea Shield 13.8 ounces.

I built a Mutoscope to hold my ipad the i-apd is completely in the dark
I would love to see a photo of this.

The Nvidea is a great tablet. The stereo speakers, HDMI out, micro sd card slot, Bluetooth, wifi, and an accessible SIM card, it's got a lot going for it!

I'd say it's as bright as the mini, but not as bright as the iPhone.

Biggest difference is weight. IPad mini 11.1 ounces to Nvidea Shield 13.8 ounces.
Ah cool I like the sound of the micro sd slot. That makes it easy for me to just upload the footage there and watch.

Ah cool I like the sound of the micro sd slot. That makes it easy for me to just upload the footage there and watch.
I've heard rumors of a new Nvidea coming this summer; I don't know what changes they're making, just FYI, you might want to wait before picking one up.

I've heard rumors of a new Nvidea coming this summer; I don't know what changes they're making, just FYI, you might want to wait before picking one up.
They're upping the GPU specs. I'd wait just for the inevitable discounts on the existing Shield, since it's more than good enough for flying.

I have now cut 1/2 circles were I look through to cut down on light from the side of my head
10866183_10206002630937450_8338701467649619526_o.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.