Hand Launching

Have any of you hand launchers seen what these blades do to flesh? :eek: Not worth it. Get yourself a hard case or a flat hard surface to lay down and launch from. :roll:

I think there was a drunk Irishman who gave us a demonstration on Youtube of P2 blades hitting skin. It didn't look very pleasant but he didn't have any serious wounds either. P2 blades are pretty flexible. CF blades are probably like steak knives however.

Before I got the travel case, I had a wedge of cardboard that made a fine launching pad so I've never hand launched.

I always hand catch because I've experienced issues when landing on the ground, but have not tried hand launching in part because I haven't had a need. I use a plastic bucket originally full of laundry soap to carry all my stuff, and I usually launch from the lid. I've installed small mirrors to help me see the flashpoint lights easier, and the height of the bucket gets me up out of any foliage. My take offs are always very controlled and don't have a need to change.

When traveling with my Phantom in a backpack, I have a small piece of cardboard box I use to launch from.

I was trying to fly along the Mediterranean coast of Italy recently and couldn't find a clear level spot to launch from and considered hand launching, but I was concerned about what would happen if I had a RTH situation and elected not to fly.

I would consider hand launching, but can't envision a situation where I would need to.

Not a hand launch, but I have launched off the rocking deck of a boat with no problems. The Phantom was anything but level and still during power up with no adverse effects.

I have never launched from solid ground. Every flight from a boat. Almost always hand launch and catch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers