Hacking In the Air...

Reaction score
I have a gut feeling that many of us drone enthusiast's are also hackers at heart. Not the "scrip kiddie", malicious, thieving, destructive type of hacking that's so rampant today. I'm referring specifically to the type of hacker and hacking of yore. Such as like back in the early 80's when hacking was cool and hackers were encouraged and for their prowess, originality and ingenuity and going to a homebrew gathering didn't mean going to a beer party. Back then we, uhmm, I mean they, were as proud of their hacking ability as one of us would be of a DJI Inspire given to us for free after having nothing better than a rubber band powered, balsa wood glider. Hacking doesn't have to be a "bad" thing. When we tweek, mod or improve our drones we are in fact hacking in the TRUE sense of the word.

Where I'm going with this is, I was just wondering if there are others like myself who have played around with the idea of strapping up a wifi, Mark V, Pineapple to their drones and if so, in what way do you use it? I think it's great to still be alive in an age in which I can combine two of my most favorite hobbies. That being controlled flight with a drone and playing with the worlds most advanced hacking device, the Mark V and having them both be affordable. The developer of the Mark V, Darren Kitchen must also be drone enthusiast as evidenced by some of his videos. You gotta love the one I'll post below where he uses a Phantom with a Mark V attached to take over the wifi of a AR Parrot and knock it out of the sky without ever touching it ;) Being an old fart now it's kind of encouraging to see younger people such as Darren who has that "old school" sense of hacking in his heart.

Here's Part 2. A little knowledge of UNIX while not necessary would be helpful.

And for testing the security of your network from above ;) there's this gem.

Personally, I have a P1, FC40 and 2 Mark V Pineapple's.
So there you have it. Thought's, ideas or comments?

BOT

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't bring myself to watch the videos, "yet" but if you look at P1 and FC40, that's what we do. We're hacking away to do what the new stuff does, and it's not that tough. The cool part is, we don't get fly aways and falling out of the sky problems.

I'll fix an old Chevy before buying a new Anything, in a heartbeat.

The more computers, so to speak, the more issues. :p

Well, I couldn't bring myself to watch the videos, "yet" but if you look at P1 and FC40, that's what we do. We're hacking away to do what the new stuff does, and it's not that tough. The cool part is, we don't get fly aways and falling out of the sky problems.

I'll fix an old Chevy before buying a new Anything, in a heartbeat.

The more computers, so to speak, the more issues. :p

I kinda had a feeling you'd find your way to this thread Ifly... LOL
BOT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20