H.265 (HEVC) codec missing on Premiere Pro CC

Reaction score
Hi,

I shot some video tests in H.265 format, but I cannot use them neither in Premiere Pro CC nor in Media Encoder.

Do you have any positive experience using the new file format on Premiere?

Thanks.

They must have .mp4 container. .mov does not work. You may rename them.

Reactions: F3honda4me
If you’re using Premiere Pro CC, the best way to work with H265 is to setup your project using the proxy function in PP CC, it’ll automatically create proxies to easily cut with because you’ll find h265 typically performs poorly on most computers.

Well, if you just want play Phantom 4 Pro H.265 videos, you can try VLC. If you stick to work Phantom 4 Pro H.265 footage in Premiere, you need to take a little up front time and set up a workflow that will convert your 4K H.265 video into a format that Premiere Pro likes.
This thread was like 8 months old. :p

Also you didn't answer the issue, which is that PP won't recognize .MOV files in H265, and thus it also can't convert them into differently formed proxy files. But, the original question was already answered back in May anyways. :)

Another method is to use iDealshare VideoGo to convert HEVC to Adobe Premiere more supported format like MPG, AVI, WMV, etc

Sometimes, the import error may still persist even if you have managed to install HEVC code. Here is a tutorial shows you how to import and edit H.265/HEVC in Premiere Pro without issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl