Groundstation on PC

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me with my query ...

I am the proud owner of a Phantom 2 and would like to know if I will be able to use the ground station software on my Windows Table PC at the field to configure way points etc. I imagine that I will need a USB GPS unit to get a fix on the PC.

If you have a "plain" P2 then you should be able to use the GS setup with the PC software, but it's not available for the Vision yet. The PC software says it works on 32 or 64-bit Windows, but it doesn't specify if that includes 8 or not, and I have no idea if it will work with touchscreens. Here's the documentation on what the current GS software for PC is like: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... n_v2.9.zip

No GPS unit is needed for the Groundstation PC...the software doesn't know or care where the PC is located.

Thank you for the advice I'll check it out ...

I guess the map position is send via bluetooth from the Phantom via Bluetooth so I won't need a gps enabled PC

I'll check out the document....

The GS on the P2 does not work for anyone right now...no matter the platform....we are waiting on the release of firmware by DJI....no telling when that will be

philipfretwell said:
Thank you for the advice I'll check it out ...

I guess the map position is send via bluetooth from the Phantom via Bluetooth so I won't need a gps enabled PC

I'll check out the document....

It's sent over the data link (2.4GHz usually), the BT link only connects your iPad to the ground end (not the ground end to the aircraft)

The groundstation transceiver (that communicates with the unit in the aircraft) plugs in to your PC via USB. You can also connect the DJI Bluetooth module to that groundstation unit, and connect your iPad through that (not through the BT on your PC).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20