Ground Station question

Reaction score
Flying in ground station mode, do we have control over the phantom at all times? and if we do should we even try to control it while on a mission? or is it a bad idea. Also, what if we have set flight limits in our phantom and then attempt to send it on a mission with the ground station thats beyond those limits will it work?

You have semi control. Think of ground station as autopilot. As long as autopilot is engaged the pilot doesn't have any control input. When the autopilot is disengaged full control is returned to the pilot. If the bird is outside the range of the controller autopilot cannot be disengaged.

Ground station is set and GO is pushed, autopilot is engaged when GO is pushed. At this point the bird is flying according to preprogrammed flight plan. If the bird flies out of the control range of the remote it will continue the flight plan as programmed. To disengage the autopilot flip S1 down from GPS atti(top) position to the middle position and back to the top position. This regains full control, disengaging the autopilot.

Whether you SHOULD program a flight outside the control range and then let the bird fly it is a pilot decision.

you can also pause the flight plan and the bird will stay idle. I wish it would allow you to yaw when it is paused but it wont. I suppose you could flip your S1 switch, regain control, and when you are done doing what you want go back to ground station and make a new plan. I have never tried this. Im gonna give it a shot tomorrow. I usually start my programmed flight at about 150 feet just as a precaution and let it come down from there depending on my plan. Remember that it gains elevation gradually and if you are doing a long distance flight make sure you start high enough to clear any obsticals you may not be able to see.

ccase39 said:
you can also pause the flight plan and the bird will stay idle. I wish it would allow you to yaw when it is paused but it wont. I suppose you could flip your S1 switch, regain control, and when you are done doing what you want go back to ground station and make a new plan. I have never tried this. Im gonna give it a shot tomorrow. I usually start my programmed flight at about 150 feet just as a precaution and let it come down from there depending on my plan. Remember that it gains elevation gradually and if you are doing a long distance flight make sure you start high enough to clear any obsticals you may not be able to see.

You might be able to control yaw in sensor mode, since camera pitch works, so i believe with acclerometer sensor mode, should also work on your phone or tablet, while in a paused state. I havent tried it during a mission, but it does work in normal flight mode.

In the app based version of GS you can not control the crafts yaw when it is paused and hovering, you can only change the pitch of the camera, as for the PC version or Ipad version I don't know

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl