Reaction score
I'm not a phantom owner yet but wanted to check in here for some help with something I'm developing.

Recently I developed a LED lighting system for the 3DR Solo and am modifying it for any other drone including the Phantom series. Below is some information about the system and the controller/leds for the Solo. I developed it for myself, as I needed something to help me see the drone and determine its orientation in daylight. The Brite Lite does that very well. Then others wanted one, and it just snowballed from there.

IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0017.JPG Brite Lite Ad.jpg IMG_3348.JPG IMG_3349.JPG IMG_3350.JPG

I re-engineered the system to operate off a single 2, 3, or 4s lipo so now it can be mounted on any drone.
(It ran for over an hour with a 450 mAh 3s)

Currently I'm looking at a controller that is about 45 mm square or about 28 mm x 55 mm and 15 mm tall.

Since I don't have access to a Phantom, I need your help determining where to mount the controller, the battery and led's.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Members of this forum would be the first to receive them if I can get it developed.

Last edited:
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
Also Mark when you decide to sell them be sure and go through this first .
Advertise with Us :)

Mark, it looks to me like the controller would fit easily at the rear of the Phantom (under side, just behind the camera mount).
I like the idea.

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
Also Mark when you decide to sell them be sure and go through this first .
Advertise with Us :)
Thanks for the link- I wasn't even aware of that. (You know me as "Maddog" on the Commercial & 3DR forums- somebody else beat me to it here.:(

Mark, it looks to me like the controller would fit easily at the rear of the Phantom (under side, just behind the camera mount).
I like the idea.
Thanks- would that area work on all Phantom models?
I was thinking about including the battery and attaching it to one of the legs using some kind of snap- on case. What do you think?

Any possibility you could post a pic of the area your talking about or PM it to me?

Mark, I took a photo but not sure how to post it here I am happy to pm you but not sure how to do that either. The area though approx. 60x50mm. I believe it will work on all Phantoms

Reactions: Mark3710
Mark, I took a photo but not sure how to post it here I am happy to pm you but not sure how to do that either. The area though approx. 60x50mm. I believe it will work on all Phantoms
Thanks- I just found a stock photo online but needed the dimensions.

Your very welcome. :) glad to help. Now I am wondering about how to pm someone on this forum, I have done it on other ones but not sure how to pm on this one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj