Great news ref the latest firmware DJI......

Just back from testing new RC firmware................... 2 batteries flown, no problems at all. First I've flown in 4 weeks.

Lady stops to ask it that's a drone.............. I tell her, yes ma'am. You want to see it fly? She says yeah, so I tell her to come over in the shade. She's like, now, those ones on the news flying at airports are a lot bigger, aren't they? I say, no ma'am, it's mainly these here ones, just idiots for doing it, though. She says............. but it's sooooooooooooooo small!! I say yes ma'am............. this is what the entire country is terrified of. I took it up to 150 feet, showed her our "specks" on the screen, and told her they're not very good for spying on anyone. I think she left feeling a little better about them.

Guess I've led somewhat of a charmed life as well. I fly mostly in a public park near where I live. Virtually everyone asks questions, shows quite a bit of curiosity, not a hint of animosity. One guy today was asking me how I felt about having to register my drone. I jokingly told him if the FAA knocks on my door and wants me to register my quad, I'm gonna shoot 'em. I think he realized immediately that I was joking. If, as hobbyists, we eventually have to register, I don't see it as that big a deal. Ultimately, it'll probably end up like CB licensing.

I've yet to have anyone scream at me for flying where I fly. One lady was very polite because I waited for her and her dog (on a leash, thank you very much) to go by before I fired up my quad. She expressed appreciation. I told her I was concerned about scaring her dog and/or having her dog try to chase my quad.

I try to make sure that everyone who asks about my Phantom that it's not a toy - it's a camera platform. A little demo with the gimbal where they can see the front of the camera explains a lot to those who are really interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers