Great experience with DJI warranty service

Reaction score
The week before last, my 2-month old P4P died the true death. I accidentally flew it into some small tree branches at 75 feet, and it dropped that distance to the pavement below. It landed vertically, which meant that the landing gear collapsed and the camera took the brunt of the impact. The gimbal broke off and the front of the camera lens was pushed a half inch into the camera. The shell was broken in several places, and the battery even was partially deformed by the impact.

Fortunately, I had purchased DJI Care Refresh to handle this, so I contacted DJI and they gave me a free UPS shipping label. Four days later it was in the DJI California repair shop. I knew that with the gimbal and camera destroyed, the drone is probably beyond repair. I was honest with them when I filled out the online application, admitting user error as the cause of the crash. I was hoping that the Care Refresh policy that I bought would enable me to replace it for $99.

To my astonishment and delight, I just heard from DJI Support that they would repair or replace the aircraft under warranty, at no cost to me. It's true what I heard - if you buy a Care Refresh policy, they treat you with kid gloves and give you the VIP experience. So far that has been my history with DJI Service. As always your mileage may vary.

Thats great to hear. Thats just good business i think .If you have a great product you stand behind it. And word gets out about that kind of product and service Just as you have done . DJI did the right thing and so did you by telling us . Kudos to both

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I know that theirs great success storys out their with Dji standing behind their drones.......Seems like we ONLY hear of the bad experiences.....My drone was 2 weeks from being out of the years warranty......it was having some minor and one major problem.....it as sent back and i received the normal we got it......its being evaluated and its been determined that we are going to Replace your p3SE with a > Brand New one <.........Hey i was very happy with the company and its been shared here about my experience with Dji.

Being honest with them IS VERY IMPORTANT......after all go ahead and lie just tell them it fell off a table (LOL).....when they view the DAT files....they know it all as what really happened !...its all their the flight history...... ever thing !

Thanks for the positive share too Mass drone.

...been determined that we are going to Replace your p3SE with a > Brand New one <.........Hey i was very happy with the company and its been shared here about my experience with Dji.

Being honest with them IS VERY IMPORTANT......after all go ahead and lie just tell them it fell off a table (LOL).....when they view the DAT files....they know it all as what really happened !...its all their the flight history...... ever thing !
Thanks for the positive share too Mass drone.
I appreciate the feedback. I was wondering if just maybe when they reviewed the .dat file it showed that the proximity sensor was screaming alarm, but the drone continued to move into the tree. Perhaps my user error was compounded by a failure in the obstacle avoidance system? But for now I will choose to believe in DJI's continued good customer support. A couple of years ago they replaced the camera and gimbal on my P3S under warranty and within 2 weeks door-to-door cross country.

I also considered Refresh until I considered the total costs. I then insured through State Farm fir $60.00 a year and it even covers lost drone. Far better deal!

Glad you had good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

And IF you don't have a State Farm policy on your home thru them......as i called here in Kansas city and asked.......they told me No i cant get that insurance !....i have to have home insurance thru them and i sure don't.....and a member here also has more information on the Insurance companies policies hope he adds a few more things about them !

Latest update: DJI Support gave me the tracking number for the replacement drone, which is being shipped today. I hope I'll have it by the weekend, not sure. Anyway, here's the timeline:

Sat. 26 Jan: crash drone, pick up pieces and pack all broken materials into the original styrofoam case and that into original carton. Sigh deeply.
Mon. 28 Jan: contact DJI support through Care Refresh, get shipping label, deliver drone to UPS for shipment cross-country.
Fri. 01 Feb: drone delivered to DJI, evaluation begun
Mon. 04 Feb: received news that drone will be replaced/repaired under warranty, not DJI Care Refresh (still don't understand that one, but great news). Breathe sigh of relief.
Tue. 05 Feb: replacement drone shipped back to me

I still don't know if the replacement drone is new or a refurb. The new serial number is already connected to my Care Refresh account (another good job, DJI Support), and does NOT contain the letter 'R'. Does that definitely mean it's not a refurb? By reading the codes in the S/N (see this link), I determined that the date of manufacture of the replacement was 27 July 2018. The original drone's DOM was 18 Nov 2017.

YER absolutely right.........No "R" means it's not a refurbed Drone !......mine wasn't either.......Thank you for the UP date above.

The week before last, my 2-month old P4P died the true death. I accidentally flew it into some small tree branches at 75 feet, and it dropped that distance to the pavement below. It landed vertically, which meant that the landing gear collapsed and the camera took the brunt of the impact. The gimbal broke off and the front of the camera lens was pushed a half inch into the camera. The shell was broken in several places, and the battery even was partially deformed by the impact.

Fortunately, I had purchased DJI Care Refresh to handle this, so I contacted DJI and they gave me a free UPS shipping label. Four days later it was in the DJI California repair shop. I knew that with the gimbal and camera destroyed, the drone is probably beyond repair. I was honest with them when I filled out the online application, admitting user error as the cause of the crash. I was hoping that the Care Refresh policy that I bought would enable me to replace it for $99.

To my astonishment and delight, I just heard from DJI Support that they would repair or replace the aircraft under warranty, at no cost to me. It's true what I heard - if you buy a Care Refresh policy, they treat you with kid gloves and give you the VIP experience. So far that has been my history with DJI Service. As always your mileage may vary.

Where and or how do I purchase the DJI CARE REFRESH WARRANTY? 30 days a go to purchased a Phantom 4 pro 2.0 from Best Buy and they didn’t mentioned this to me at all. Thanks for all the info in advance!

DJI was great when I sent in my two week old P4P + v2 due to a crash when it wigged out and I no longer had control. Entire turnaround was one week including shipping and they sent me a new one.

Thanks for the share Jefferys....Its to bad we ONLY hear about how bad Dji's service was....Have a safe happy day n week.
Mine was nearing the years warranty and they took care of me in record time....i was a week short of out of warranty !

Jason Graff asked "]Where and or how do I purchase the DJI CARE REFRESH WARRANTY? 30 days a go to purchased a Phantom 4 pro 2.0 from Best Buy and they didn’t mentioned this to me at all. Thanks for all the info in advance!

YOU only have 48 hours after the drones activated to purchase the Dji care refresh ! its not at all thru Best Buy Jason.

Actually, you can still buy the Care Refresh plan, but you need to prove the aircraft is currently undamaged. The instructions are here.

And IF you don't have a State Farm policy on your home thru them......as i called here in Kansas city and asked.......they told me No i cant get that insurance !....i have to have home insurance thru them and i sure don't.....and a member here also has more information on the Insurance companies policies hope he adds a few more things about them !
Possibly in your state that is true but maybe not. I was told the same thing in Ohio by three agents but the forth wrote the policy. I have had it for two years now. Go shop a few more agents, there are plenty of them in the phone book I'm sure.

Yes, it's true. Don't think of Care Refresh as a "warranty." Think of it as an "insurance policy." You paid the premium AND a deductible. The "warranty" ends up costing about $240 when all is said and done (if memory serves)...which is better than $1500 or whatever they cost these days.

D

I also considered Refresh until I considered the total costs. I then insured through State Farm fir $60.00 a year and it even covers lost drone. Far better deal!

Glad you had good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

The difference being DJI won't dump you after 2 claims. I had TWO prop failures last year that grounded my bird while flying automated waypoint missions. First was covered by warranty, but second was out of warranty, so was covered by Care Refresh. I've heard a couple times drone operators being dumped for 2 claims.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.