Grainy Video on P4

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've had my drone for about 6 months now. I recently took it on a trip to Iceland to film a project and while I think the footage is incredible, it seems a bit grainy to me. Here is the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So upon returning, I kept practicing and making adjustments. I also ordered ND filters. I have not tried them out yet but would like some advice on how to use them to the best of their ability. (settings, adjustments, etc..)

Thanks for your help and hope you enjoy the video!

Reactions: vlachko
Hey everyone,

I've had my drone for about 6 months now. I recently took it on a trip to Iceland to film a project and while I think the footage is incredible, it seems a bit grainy to me. Here is the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So upon returning, I kept practicing and making adjustments. I also ordered ND filters. I have not tried them out yet but would like some advice on how to use them to the best of their ability. (settings, adjustments, etc..)

Thanks for your help and hope you enjoy the video!

Nice video, what were you recording in 4K 24FPS or 4K 30FPS ?

No filters were used when I filmed it. I only bought the ND filters a few weeks ago and I have not tried them yet. I bought them as a possible resolution.

No filters were used when I filmed it. I only bought the ND filters a few weeks ago and I have not tried them yet. I bought them as a possible resolution.

I was talking about more of the built in ones like D-Log, I don't think a filter will fix the haziness, the ND filters only blocks light, it doesn't increase the quality, I have a P4 myself and I admit sometimes the quality of my footage isn't the best, but looking at your footage the quality is far below what I think the quality should go from the camera, maybe reset your camera settings to see if that helps! :)

Oh got it, yea I was not using any camera filter. However, I think I may have an idea as to why its happening but I've never gotten any validation. In my other experience with DSLR cameras, having the ISO on auto can have some effect on picture quality as it makes it grainy. When I shot this video I believe my ISO was on auto and a few other functions as well. This is just an idea I guess.... Thoughts?

Oh got it, yea I was not using any camera filter. However, I think I may have an idea as to why its happening but I've never gotten any validation. In my other experience with DSLR cameras, having the ISO on auto can have some effect on picture quality as it makes it grainy. When I shot this video I believe my ISO was on auto and a few other functions as well. This is just an idea I guess.... Thoughts?

Mine is on auto too, I am not the best with cameras I just leave everything on default and enjoy what I get!

Mind you I have just got in to taking long exposure photos at night that can be fun!

If I can't resolve the grainy video, do you think there's any kind of servicing I can have done to it? Like sending it to DJI?

If I can't resolve the grainy video, do you think there's any kind of servicing I can have done to it? Like sending it to DJI?

Yeah I would say to do that, DJI customer support have been alright with me in the past but if you loon around there are loads of people who think it sucks

Yeah I would say to do that, DJI customer support have been alright with me in the past but if you loon around there are loads of people who think it sucks

Yea I totally agree. I got my drone in October. Do you think it's too late or should they still be a bit understanding?

Yea I totally agree. I got my drone in October. Do you think it's too late or should they still be a bit understanding?

If you bought it brand new it has a 12 month warranty so it should be covered under that, just make sure they don't try to charge you for it!

Awesome, thank you so much man! I bought it new as a package through Amazon so I'm assuming it should be fine.

Silly question maybe, but is that the video from the card in the drone,,,or from the video recorded on your phone/tablet etc....mine looked that grainy and in/out type focus when looked at video from the tablet,,,,guess it can only d/l low quality video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers