Graffiti Sprayer drones?

Reaction score
Personally, I think graffiti in large cities makes for some interesting "art" when done on buildings no one cares about. In other places, like subways, on buses, bus stops, street signs, so on and so forth, I don't much care for it. I have personally never spray painted something I didn't own. Something about breaking the law doesn't sit well with me. However, here's my observations from watching the video of their efforts linked in the article.

1. They should learn how to fly a drone in the first place.
2. They should also learn the basic aspects of CG and how to adjust the aircraft for differing weights.
3. Their "sling mounting system" for the can totally negates CG without knowing anything concerning #2 above. A rigid mounting system would do them a world of good.
4. They need to make an extended spraying wand for the can and in my estimation, should extended at least 3' outside of the rotor tips. With the spraying tip being right under the aircraft, three things happen. A. The rotor-wash disperses the spray pattern greatly. B. They would have to get the drone so close to the object being sprayed they will likely have a TON of collisions and C. The paint will get caught in the rotor-wash recycling effect and put paint onto the drone. Not only is typical paint from a can going to be corrosive to the electronics, gum up the motors/servos and lead to imbalanced props, it will, over time, add weight to the overall aircraft. Grams matter, as you well know.

What these guys are trying to do is going to be extremely hard to accomplish given their extremely limited knowledge of aircraft in general.These are just my off the cuff observations. If I actually cared about this project, and put some effort into it, I could likely design a system for them in a couple of days.

http://hackaday.com/2015/06/18/the-trials-of-quadcopter-graffiti/

Well they're Artists first and drone flyers a distant second.
Much like the Photogs who bought a Phantom just to use as a tool.

It's just for fun, don't see the need to be so critical.

Well they're Artists first and drone flyers a distant second.
Much like the Photogs who bought a Phantom just to use as a tool.

It's just for fun, don't see the need to be so critical.

I'm being analytical. Which often includes criticism. Despite how you perceived my comments, it wasn't degrading criticism. Criticism, when used to degrade a person or their work, doesn't include any suggestions to improve what the person(s) are trying to accomplish. I'm simply voicing my thoughts on how they could go about making this work.

The drone is just a tool for these activities. Like any tool, one should understand how it is used to become more effective. These types of people don't consider graffiti fun insomuch as an expression of their artistic abilities. They take it VERY seriously.

house.gif

Reactions: bbfpv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers