Grabbing stills from captured footage

Reaction score
I know very little about cameras, so please forgive me with this question.

If a person was capturing 4K footage with the P3, are they able to grab stills from that footage?

If they are able to grab a still photograph from the 4K footage, would anybody be able to tell me what type of quality could be expected in the still?

Thanks in advance for any guidance offered.

I grab stills from the 4K footage from my GoPro 4B.
I grab them using Premiere Pro while processing the video.
They're good enough for basic use on the net, but I'm not sure how far I'd want to take them beyond that.

I know very little about cameras, so please forgive me with this question.

If a person was capturing 4K footage with the P3, are they able to grab stills from that footage?

If they are able to grab a still photograph from the 4K footage, would anybody be able to tell me what type of quality could be expected in the still?

Thanks in advance for any guidance offered.

I capture stills from 4K footage all the time with Lightroom with great success. If your 4K footage is crap your 8meg still will look like crap. But if you got decent footage then the output can be enhanced to make a pretty good pic. I'm shooting a Panasonic camera so no more shooting stills just record, then scrub to where you want to extract.

Looking forward to the P3. Hey if the 4K is crap just send it back and wait for the P4. They'll eventually get it right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.