GPS Mode Drifting

Reaction score
Greetings,
I removed the compass on my P2V+ so that I could paint the landing gear. It's back on now and I don't get any errors on the assistant software or the app. I often have trouble getting 6 satellites (different issue I'm preparing to address), but today I was getting 6-7 and there was considerable drift in moderate (7-10mph) in NAZA GPS mode. I always set the compass before every flight. Also, the only screwdriver I had small enough for the phillips on the compass mount is magnetized. However all of my readings in the software are in the typical ranges, +- 300 x y z and then like 1400 mod.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Did it look and sound like it was trying to maintain its position? In my experience the more satellites i have the more precise it will hold a position. Try going somewhere where you can get out in the wide open and see if its does the same thing.

smaugnaut said:
Did it look and sound like it was trying to maintain its position? In my experience the more satellites i have the more precise it will hold a position. Try going somewhere where you can get out in the wide open and see if its does the same thing.

Yeah it looked like it was trying. It was just doing a really poor job.

Have you tried forcing a calibration? Also ensure that the compass orientation is correct, there is no wiggle room.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl