GPS Issue

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I have been reading and learning from all of you on PhantomPilots for a while now, but this is my first call for help. I have not had any issues to date that weren't easily answered on here. Today, I have a weird situation with the GPS.

I am flying a Phantom 3 Professional. Latest firmware on quad and remote. The latest DJI Go app is on my devices. I have tried using an iPad mini 2, iPhone 6+ and iPad Air. They all have iOS 9.0.2 running. Two days ago, I used this current setup without any issues. The quad flew nicely.

When I turn everything on, the Phantom boots up and the IMU warms up. The craft lights sequence and begin to give the dual green flash saying VPS is working properly but no GPS.

On my app, the GPS indicator is dim (see screenshot). The map knows where the remote is, but not the Phantom. Has anyone seen this before? It seems like the GPS is not being recognized anymore for some reason. I have tried this indoors and outdoors with no luck. I usually have no trouble locking 12-13 satellites very quickly in this area.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you all!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445097398.161537.jpg

I would reboot everything and try again.

Make sure you are clear of all buildings.

Thank you! I have deleted and re-installed the DJI GO app, reformatted the micro SD card, calibrated the IMU, and calibrated the Phantom's compass. So far, no luck...

Does not sound good.

Did it get knocked on last flight ?

Sounds like the gps has failed or connector come loose.

It could also be something locally knocking out the GPS. At one marina in the UK no boats could use their GPS. It turned out a faulty TV aerial booster was causing it. The signal is very easy to jam.
Maybe try it somewhere else first?

No crashes. Nothing knocked it. Anyone else hear of GPS being jammed by interference of some kind? I will remove the top cover and check the plug. I didn't see a report anywhere of the GPS coming unplugged, but I suppose this is possible. I'll let you all know. Thank you for the help so far!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl