Government forces shooting at civilian drones

[QUOTE="Cactus Wren, post: 1007424, member: 7276 EXTRACT "now that people can see with their own eyes" how these can be useful tools in showing the truth.....

Paint the drone's underside to camouflage it against the sky above, as did WW2 spitfire pilots do when carrying out daring photo recces over enemy territory, and if the threat is from above, as well, do the same to the top side. The drone is very small target at operating altitude, I don't think anyone would bother with anything clever to kill it, other than a sight-fired direct weapon. Auto-land it well away from its t/o site to a third operator. and of course, don't loiter, recover the data card as jammers may screw it around! :)

Also, turn off the underside lights. The P4 has a function that lets you switch 2 of them off remotely. Tape over the other 2, and use the switch to toggle off when in a contentious situation (in a journalistic capacity), and back on en route to/from location.

[QUOTE="Cactus Wren, post: 1007424, member: 7276 EXTRACT "now that people can see with their own eyes" how these can be useful tools in showing the truth.

Paint the drone's underside to camouflage it against the sky above, as did WW2 spitfire pilots do when carrying out daring photo recces over enemy territory, and if the threat is from above, as well, do the same to the top side. The drone is very small target at operating altitude, I don't think anyone would bother with anything clever to kill it, other than a sight-fired direct weapon. Auto-land it well away from its t/o site to a third operator. and of course, don't loiter, recover the data card as jammers may screw it around! :)[/QUOTE]

We still have prop noise until around 75 meters to alert those on the ground that a drone is present.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm very pleased with the discussion my topic generated and especially happy to see a general agreement with my own views.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

get a VR setup, then they are shooting AT you, and you can return fire under Stand Your Flight Path laws.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl