Got My N # Paperwork!

A registration number will be required for all commercial flight. 49 USC is the law, not an FAA rule. The law directs the FAA to register all aircraft used in commerce. The Part 107 rules won't change the law and aircraft registration will be required.
Ayup.

You did at first. The first few Section 333 exemptions required a commercial pilot certificate and current medical certificate. The next few required a private pilot certificate and medical. From then to now the requirement in conditions and Limitations is a Sport Pilot certificate with a Driver's License as a medical certificate.
Sooo if ya can drive ya can fly .

aeromobil-2-5-flying-car_100443872_l.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Really out of the loop, are we?
The Sport Pilot certificate has been around for more than ten years (The new rules were effective on July 20, 2004).
The AOPA and EAA have been pushing the FAA to drop the third class requirement altogether based on the sterling accident history of the Light Sports Pilots. While there have been crashes, in the ten years of the LSP and LSA there has not been one, not a single reported accident attributed to pilot incapacitation due to health issues. In fact the "Pilot's Bill of Rights-2", was introduced in the House (H.R. 1062) and the Senate (S.571) on Feb. 25, 2015. Among other things, the law would direct the FAA to eliminate the third class medical.

Really out of the loop, are we?
The Sport Pilot certificate has been around for more than ten years (The new rules were effective on July 20, 2004).
The AOPA and EAA have been pushing the FAA to drop the third class requirement altogether based on the sterling accident history of the Light Sports Pilots. While there have been crashes, in the ten years of the LSP and LSA there has not been one, not a single reported accident attributed to pilot incapacitation due to health issues. In fact the "Pilot's Bill of Rights-2", was introduced in the House (H.R. 1062) and the Senate (S.571) on Feb. 25, 2015. Among other things, the law would direct the FAA to eliminate the third class medical.
:D Oh yea . Makes my head hurt trying to just read this stuff Steve !

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Can we post up all the details for the N number registration please? If you've applied and were approved, share your application details so others can do the same.

The process is not too complicated:

1. Request a 8050-1 form from the local FSDO or the Aircraft Registration Branch in Oklahoma. The form has to be an original. No download available. Other supporting forms can be downloaded. Check this link: Aircraft Certification – Registration Forms

2. Submit the form to the Aircraft Registration Branch with the required supporting documentation, ie: proof of ownership by means of an affidavit of ownership form or a bill of sale form. If you are registering in the name of a LLC, you need an additional letter to show that the LLC is a citizen of the U.S.

3. Once the form is submitted, you can keep the pink copy as proof of temporary registration. The process may take anywhere between 2-6 months depending how busy they are. I have applied and obtained 3 registrations that have taken that long.

4. The most important issue for me was that as soon as the FAA process the form, your state will want to collect their fees/taxes. I live in the state of Utah and I have to pay a yearly minimum fee of $100.00 per experimental aircraft. (I have two). The state handles that through their DMV and the fee needs to be collected as soon as the aircraft is registered with the FAA and due in January.
Most important is that is you register with the FAA but don't get the 333 for another 6 months, you are still accruing the state registration fee. I registered my airplanes ahead of time and it took me 2 or 3 more years to finish and I had to pay the state fees all that time!

The FAA was never ready for this and my guess is that the states are definetely not ready for this, so they are are not going to know how to handle this. They will assume that since the FAA classifies them as aircraft, then the states will do the same. As far as how much to charge, the states have a precedent of the experimental aircraft minimum fees, so they may go for that!
I am just saying....

I have owned two airplanes in Texas, and have never paid any type of annual fee. If you buy a plane that is in Texas, you will pay sales tax, but other than that (I purchased both of mine outside of Texas), I don't remember any type of fee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik