GOpro3Black Wifi signal

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newbie here. Gotta say I love the Phantom! Question ... what is the deal with the wifi signal coming off a Gopro3 Black? does it interfere with the Phantom signal? I have read that it may cause flyaways is this true? Any recomendations on the wifi use or not use.... ?

Also, I would like to add a gimbal to my phantom - I wish I could afford the Zenmuse but my budget does not allow it. Any recomendations on a cheaper one (until I can save the money to get the DJI product)? I have seen some on ebay for about a hundred bucks from China - anyone have any experiences with them?

FlyingSquirrel said:
Hi all,
Newbie here. Gotta say I love the Phantom! Question ... what is the deal with the wifi signal coming off a Gopro3 Black? does it interfere with the Phantom signal? I have read that it may cause flyaways is this true? Any recomendations on the wifi use or not use.... ?

Also, I would like to add a gimbal to my phantom - I wish I could afford the Zenmuse but my budget does not allow it. Any recomendations on a cheaper one (until I can save the money to get the DJI product)? I have seen some on ebay for about a hundred bucks from China - anyone have any experiences with them?

-yes,. DJI even warns against having the GoPro wifi turned on , so keep it off (it's useless anyhow, as the 4+ second delay is unbearable/annoying)

-probably ideal to hold off on the cheap chinese gimbals, they often come with no manuals and iffy construction.
at this point, your best bet is probably the Tarot gimbal that sells for $150 or so. (make sure you get one with a controller).
or an Arris for $300.

Then use the money you saved to go towards FPV goggles and perhaps a better Transmitter

Gizmo3000's advice is "right on".

Also, every time you add or change something you also change the Phantom's flight characteristics. For that reason, I've found it helpful to go slow on changes and to make them one at a time, practising with the Phantom before going to the next step. Now that I'm getting comfortable with FPV, for example, I've just ordered the Tarot gimbal. A better radio also sounds tempting but I'm a long ways yet from outgrowing the stock TX, so that upgrade will wait quite a bit longer, if it happens at all.

Be sure to put a timer on your TX and use it religiously. I fly the Phantom in close at least one or two minutes before I expect to see a red low battery warning. If you push the limits too often you'll almost certainly be asking for advice on repairs!

A search on ebay and amazon didn't find the two gimbals mentioned. Anyone got links to them?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Can you please write back your experiences once you've played a bit with it?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

FlyingSquirrel said:
I will look into it! and yes FPV will be next after the gimbal :) Thank you so much for the response Gizmo!

I would not bother, maybe cheaper to wait for the Phantom Vision, I may go down that road, sell my Phantom and just get the Phantom vision, as it is already set up properly for this sort of thing.

I agree Denodan, the Vision is the way to go but I am living in Argentina and just getting the Phantom all the way down here at a decent cost was quite a feat! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20