GoPro Simultaneous Pics and Video

Reaction score
I have a 3+ black. My question: When set on simultaneous pics and video, is the quality the same as when only pictures OR video is selected? Any experience or testing?

Also, what are people finding best for their settings for photo and video? So far I prefer medium FOV for less distortion. But the 12mp photo setting only offers wide. I've been post correcting for fisheye, but don't have a great software program for that. For video I've been using 1080 60fps. Any advantages to other settings?

Thx

The stills are of a far worse quality than ones taken in timelapse mode. They are compressed to hell and look like video image grabs.

i am using 1080p wide for the most part (not super wide). I don't like editing so i try to get a lot of footage and slow maneuvers. I have some great landing gears that are wider and extended so they don't get in the way when i'm filming and doing excessive maneuvers. As for the quality of the stills.. well they are not true stills. basically freezing the video and saving at intervals.

If it's the stills you are after you are better off using the time lapse .

as far as Frames per sec. Well if you are taking action shots and/or want to do some slow motion effects you need faster shutter so 60 fps is preferred. i like 30 fps because it's more versatile. You will have better results at low light levels at 30 fps too. so it depends on what you are filming and when.

CJ31 said:
I have a 3+ black. My question: When set on simultaneous pics and video, is the quality the same as when only pictures OR video is selected? Any experience or testing?

Also, what are people finding best for their settings for photo and video? So far I prefer medium FOV for less distortion. But the 12mp photo setting only offers wide. I've been post correcting for fisheye, but don't have a great software program for that. For video I've been using 1080 60fps. Any advantages to other settings?

Thx

I have used simultaneous video and photo with good results. When in this mode the camera is taking video and effectively time lapse photos at the interval you set. Note that in this mode the photo's size is determined by the video dimensions you have set. I use 1440p to get a 12MP photo. See the page I attached from the Hero 3+ manual. You have read the manual, correct? I have also just used the time lapse setting (no video). Both work well depending on what you're after.

Attachments

• GoPro.jpeg
    GoPro.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 464

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl