gopro black screen

Reaction score
Hi All,
Normally I live in Australia but I write this from Greece. I am here for both study and to take a few photos of archaeological sites. Today, got the quad out and took her for a test to make sure she survived the trip ok. Flew amazingly(no toilet bowl issues like in Aus)
Not everything seems to have survived though :(

I plugged in my Boscam into my go pro black 3 and although my fpv screen registers something is connected(turning black rather than static) it does not show my image.
I have tested the transmitter with another camera I have(I just have a small connector that I can swap out the two USB ends ). Go pro is working fine otherwise and takes photos/video
Just curious if a if anyone has had a similar experience or can lend some advice? I suppose I need to work out whether my gopro's video out is dead or if the usb cord is broken somewhere, but its very hard to test when I am overseas. So if anyone has any ideas or anything? I would be super keen to know or if anyone has had similar experiences
Thanks
Hugh

I'm having a very similar issue, did you find any fix for your issue?

Is your RX mounted to the phantom transmitter?

Same problem. I have the plug and play cable from firstpersonview.com but only getting a black screen on my Black Pearl receiver. Any solutions?

It seems like the problem lies with the go pro usb adapter, since you were able to get another camera to work. Have you tried connecting your go pro to a computer (via go pro usb cable) to see if you could access the videos you have saved in the memory card. Doing this could determine if the usb port on your go pro is bad.

Hi All,
No fix as of yet. It's weird, worked last week and now doesn't.
I know the USB port atleast charges the camera but haven't transferred files from it- so that, as you said, should help work out if its the cable or gopro.
My setup has a wire going from the transmitter to a connector, that I can swap out the various USB heads I have for my different cameras. As such, it could be that small link of cable or the camera. Just hard to get my hands on another gopro to test it out as I am in the middle of Greece!
Let me know if anyone gets a fix
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl