Google Earth with Litchi

Reaction score
Any GE/Litchi users out there?

Did some shooting at a local golf course earlier in the week and almost had a mishap due to slight elevation changes. It was after that I started reading posts here about using Google Earth for this very reason and then importing the plan in to Litchi. I watched a few videos and it seems pretty straight forward, but when I imported in to Litchi, my elevations are not changing. In google earth I set the altitude to 10M - Relative to Ground.

After importing in to Litchi, all of my way points are 33 ft. The route is not 100% flat. There is a fair amount of elevation change.

This was my first attempt so perhaps the problem is between the floor and keyboard (me), but I'm not sure how much more there is to it.

All -

I *think* I may have figured it out after finding a post by Avocet:

"If your path STARTS (WP#1) at the HIGHEST point of your mission plan and places path points over terrain that is DECREASING, or terrain that is lower or falling away from the starting point altitude, then, after importing that KML file into Litchi Hub, all of the waypoints altitudes will be what you entered into the starting altitude in your GE path screen. Litchi will show the elevation from starting point as XXm BELOW starting point. The elevation at all Waypoints will remain constant/unchanged if the ground level elevations are less than the ground elevation at WP#1 (mission start)."

Waypoint 1 in my mission is the highest post..It decreases in elevation from there so this would make sense. I'll keep testing. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj