Good Quality Case Phantom III

I bought a couple of cases from TriFibre and they were great in terms of price and service - even delivering Saturday at no extra cost. Am waiting for the right size case to be back in stock for my P3P and will then be travelling all over with it as I did with my P2 V+

Reactions: Turbazz
Yes, it meets the size restrictions for carry-on bags.
That doesn't meet the carry on restrictions of delta. If you want carry on you need a pelican 1510.
IMG_1973.jpg

Delta:
  • Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels, with the exception of small musical instruments that fit in the overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding
  • Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters
Seahorse:
  • Seahorse Exterior Dimensions: 24.3" x 16.0" x 10.10" - Interior Dimensions: 22.12" x 13.54" x 8.50". Case weight: 11.89 lbs.
Pelican 1510:
EXTERIOR (L x W x D)
22" x 13.81" x 9" (55.9 x 35.1 x 22.9 cm)

IMG_1973.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't meet the carry on restrictions of delta. If you want carry on you need a pelican 1510.
IMG_1973.jpg

Delta:
  • Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels, with the exception of small musical instruments that fit in the overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding
  • Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters
Seahorse:
  • Seahorse Exterior Dimensions: 24.3" x 16.0" x 10.10" - Interior Dimensions: 22.12" x 13.54" x 8.50". Case weight: 11.89 lbs.
Pelican 1510:
EXTERIOR (L x W x D)
22" x 13.81" x 9" (55.9 x 35.1 x 22.9 cm)

IMG_1973.jpg
Well, as I never fly Delta, only Hawaiian or SouthWest..... I have found there is quiet a bit of leeway in their interpretation of the bag size, in any case if they determine at the gate it is to big you get to check it there for FREE, especially if the flight is very full.

Yes, it meets the size restrictions for carry-on bags.

Most airlines are 22 x 14 x 9 for carry ons. This case is saying 24.3 x 16 x 10. Seems like it's too big unless the airlines give a few inches hear and there. Never traveled with one so I can't comment but would hate to show up and it be to big for carry-on.

I would not feel comfortable checking it in. I've seen the guys throw the luggage. My last trip to Costa Rica, I brought my surfboard completely wrapped up in foam and cardboard inside a board bag and it still got destroyed. Maybe I should not have put the Fragile stickers on it.

Well, as I never fly Delta, only Hawaiian or SouthWest..... I have found there is quiet a bit of leeway in their interpretation of the bag size, in any case if they determine at the gate it is to big you get to check it there for FREE, especially if the flight is very full.
I check all mine for free but no way I'm checking my P3.

Hands down I must say the go professional case. SOooOoOoO many pockets and storage besides it being a hybrd hard/ soft backpack foam case!
I had some much room for repair parts, tools, 5 gopros, two led camera lights, sony a7 camera and etc. So many pockets I actually found a pockets after a few months later. The only downside is the transmitter pocket needs to be altered a little to fit the P3 RC transmitter but besides that this thing is rugged and looks cool to and you can "carry on" with the size I believe.

Go Professional Cases Black Fieldline Phantom 2 Vision/vision+ Backpack

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...1840709&sr=1-4&keywords=go+professional+cases
This one is rock solid backpack. It even fits in MD-24 overhead. I used a hot wire to adjust for the P3 with gimbal guard.

GPC is redesigning the pack for P3, but all I'm waiting for is batteries.

Did you guys see two have sold on eBay for over $265.00?:eek:
image.jpg

Reactions: EnronCEO
This one is rock solid backpack. It even fits in MD-24 overhead. I used a hot wire to adjust for the P3 with gimbal guard.

Did you guys see two have sold on eBay for over $265.00?:eek:View attachment 20022

I already own several of the same brand backpacks, what I really need is just the foam insert. Has anyone found a source for just the foam?

Reactions: EnronCEO
I already own several of the same brand backpacks, what I really need is just the foam insert. Has anyone found a source for just the foam?
Contact GPC, they have great customer service!

Reactions: ctp
Contact GPC, they have great customer service!

My carry on sized BugOutBag (same dimensions as the 5.11 Rush) has made many trips to Afghanistan and Iraq, so I'm kind of attached to it and I think reusing it as my phantom backpack would be awesome.

I'll give GPC a call tomorrow.

Reactions: Fplvert
Hi Andrew, I take you because you stated £200 that you are in the UK, I saw this one on Amazon UK, I ordered the backpack version. Seems to have everything that you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantom-Car...luggage_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QF0SK5FQNM3Y7RJNC8J

Looks a good case that, only one i have seen in the uk that can fit a ipad in and keep props on. My other phantom has a case which fits in with props on and i prefer it. Getting cured of taking them props on and off at the moment that's for sure. Looks like the P3 will fit in with the camera guard on as well.

I'm really digging my pelican storm case. At $199 from drones plus in vegas. It has plenty of storage. Even has a tablet slot in the front. All laser cut hard foam. Pretty nice.

Will also be getting a backpack for hiking.

20150525_114232_zpsffec60ad.jpg

Did you guys see two have sold on eBay for over $265.00?:eek:View attachment 20022
Oh yeah I love the bag its a little big but for a master storage backpack it cant be beat.

An electric carving knife is good for shaving off some of the foam also.

If one is willing to improvise and shop, a very sturdy case can be built using a Rigid brand 22 inch
cart shown in the photo. Total cost $100 USD. See photo.

Attachments

• Case, Phantom 3.jpg
    Case, Phantom 3.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 506
  • Case, Phantom 3.jpg
    Case, Phantom 3.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 387

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads