Going to use JUST litchi app, is this ok?

Reaction score
Someone mentioned in the other thread they only use litchi for waypoints. Weird to me because after using litchi app for a handful of flights, its just as good or atleast the same as the go app, looks and acts the same.

plus all the awesome other features.

so why should I not use it all the time?
I like using just one app.

I also ran far away today, lost signal and it returned to home just like the go app does, so I'm getting more confident with it.

does anyone here use just one app? or are you all switching to the litchi app only to use waypoints/other unique features.. and why?

thanks

Personally I find Litchi superior in every way and it's all I use. Especially for waypoints. Actually, waypoints is the reason I got Litchi. Why on earth would someone want to fly the bird to each waypoint, record it, then fly to the next to set up a mission, like Dji Go requires? Screw that. I think that is an inconvenient flaw in the Go app that Dji wasn't smart enough to think of. You would think that Dji would have figured that out after Litchi was released and do that in their app too, but no.

I mostly use Litchi but I keep DJI Go available to change certain settings I can't change in Litchi. Until recently, you couldn't calibrate the compass in Litchi. Now you can. Also things like max altitude have to be changed in DJI Go for Litchi to abide by them.

I mostly use Litchi but I keep DJI Go available to change certain settings I can't change in Litchi. Until recently, you couldn't calibrate the compass in Litchi. Now you can. Also things like max altitude have to be changed in DJI Go for Litchi to abide by them.

really? I was able to change the height settings in the app..

I just got litchi, so calibrating the compass was already in there, its a little weird as it doesn't have a visual guide it only talks to you,.. That said I hope it does it correctly.

Question, I have yet to make a mission beyond my range, I just made one that looks like it will lose signal for about 20% of the mission, that said what happens at that point? does the drone still fly the way point or return to home right away?

if it continues on, what are the chances something happens? not talking about user error like I didn't set the height correctly and it hit something, but what are the chances it just decides to stop and not continue the mission?

I know Litchi has many good features but I use it only for mission flying cause that's I do most of the times :)

Question, I have yet to make a mission beyond my range, I just made one that looks like it will lose signal for about 20% of the mission, that said what happens at that point? does the drone still fly the way point or return to home right away?

if it continues on, what are the chances something happens? not talking about user error like I didn't set the height correctly and it hit something, but what are the chances it just decides to stop and not continue the mission?

Once it loses signal it will continue the mission as planned. You can set it to hover or return home at the end of mission. Your heart will start rapidly beating and you will prob start biting your nails and pacing back and forth as you wait with no signal for its return. Once you catch site of your quad or hear it buzzing you will be overwhelmed with a great sense of relief!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you sure your drone will have enough battery capacity to return back safely. Litchi will only guide it to its route at the set speed and doesn't care for connection between RC and AC. Connection helps you view live video and waypoint tracking.

You should take care that there is enough ground clearance, no obstruction on its route, enough battery charge and moderate wind.

Are you sure your drone will have enough battery capacity to return back safely. Litchi will only guide it to its route at the set speed and doesn't care for connection between RC and AC. Connection helps you view live video and waypoint tracking.

You should take care that there is enough ground clearance, no obstruction on its route, enough battery charge and moderate wind.

yea yea, we're talking .9 miles, TOTAL! I will lose connection because it will be going behind a 15 story building for a small duration.

I will lose signal for about 30 seconds :)

I will still be freaking out.. about to do this soon,. and alt. is 400'

All the best.

If you are trying Litchi for the first time, try in an isolated place with no hindrances. Once you gain confidence about its working, go ahead and try other complicated stuff :)

Thanks, yea I read that.

but every thread I read where someone lost the drone, they state they didn't calibrate before hand and people chime in stating that was the reason.

I read many threads like that before buying and because of that I've been calibrating before each flight.

Does the litchi app tell you when you need to calibrate like the go app?

Thanks

If you are trying Litchi for the first time, try in an isolated place with no hindrances. Once you gain confidence about its working, go ahead and try other complicated stuff :)

Concur. To simulate losing signal while within LOS, just switch off the RC and switch it back on should the need arise.

Yes, Litchi is very good for waypoint flying, and there's good reason that DJI does not use the base style utility to control the P3. DJI makes you fly the P3 to each waypoint because this is the only way to ensure there are no obstacles throughout the flight. In some circumstances, the DJI GO app is the better choice. I use both as needed. For some shots, planning on a map won't work, but flying to each waypoint, then running the mission is the better way to go. I never thought this until I was flying a set path between trees, then around one and up. GO was much better for 'onsight' waypoint set ups. I'll say learn both apps, and use them both to get the best end result!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks, yea I read that.

but every thread I read where someone lost the drone, they state they didn't calibrate before hand and people chime in stating that was the reason.

I read many threads like that before buying and because of that I've been calibrating before each flight.

Does the litchi app tell you when you need to calibrate like the go app?

Thanks

I believe it does but I just make it a habit to calibrate before every flight so nothing goes crazy

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very good points. To let the OP know, I fly Litchi as much as possible but I do keep Dji for reasons Pharm said,plus on rare occasions Litchi crashes or glitches I still have a flight platform. When I do however, I'm always flying It just sounds too tedious to set that up in Go., not autonomously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20