Go Home feature

Reaction score
I programmed the Phantom to go home and land using the ATTI switch. It works fantastic. We tried using it 4or 5 times. We painted a small dot on the ground and placed the Phantom over it. Every time it landed it was less then 1 yard away. Simply amazing. I am old school and I couldn't make myself try it by turning off the transmitter. I am having a blast using the stores demo one. Now all I need to do is have my boss buy a Hero 3. Thanks to all that have been answering my questions. I am starting to get the knowledge I need to help customers and put on a good demo. Chuck

Hi,
That's great it works well and the TX can stay powered.
Has anyone tried to regain control by switching to ATTi after the quad returns to Home?
That would be useful if we could. Seems if the TX is on it should still comunicate.

greg

On ours we can't regain control. We have to unplug the battery to recycle it. Also when we tested ours we only had the green light and no other colors which is great. Very accurate in 10 mph wind. Chuck

I'm glad to hear the RTH feature can be switched on with a switch. Is the new firmware allowing this, because I'm under the presumtion that it wasn't able to do so in the past.

lyricon said:
Hi,
That's great it works well and the TX can stay powered.
Has anyone tried to regain control by switching to ATTi after the quad returns to Home?
That would be useful if we could. Seems if the TX is on it should still comunicate.

greg

Yes, always can regain control after RTH in progress, but you MUST move stick to ATTI mode before. Otherwise, Phantom will land and motors off and you can't take control until that occurs.

We tried regaining control today with no issues. Move the switch to the center ATTI position as mentioned. From there you can switch back to GPS mode. This also works after landing. No more need to unplug the battery now I know how to do it. Chuck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik