GO FAR FOR CHEAP

Reaction score
Kind of dedicating this thread to those Cheapo's out there that would rather do it themselves than be the test dummy for some of the so called FPV long range stuff out there. I can understand the guys that provide the service but come on, it's not rocket science. All you need to know has been posted 1000 times. Buy a soldering iron, get some tork screwdrivers and go for it. Most of the time you don't even need that!
Anyhow...............
Decided to leave the P3Adv at home which by the way has gone 8km/5 miles with the same cheap *** panels as this P2! I can't bear to give away the P2 and FPV gear so I'll just run it into the ground...some day. This particular bird has flown it's record of 6km/3.7 miles back in 2014 so I know it has it in her. Today I moved the Alfa panels over to the P2 to see what I could do. On the 5.8 video receiver side I threw on the Alfa 8dbi panel that I was using on the transmit side of the P3. I love this panel because it has 8dbi on 2,4g and 10 dbi on 5.8g, cool right! On the P2 Control side I threw on the Alfa 2.4 7bdi panel. I was using a P2 battery AirL60P that claimed 6000mah. Way back I moved the antenna on the video for the bird to the top of the shell for more consistent feed and threw a DJI clover which by the way "DroneFly" was offing for $5 a set. OK all that said I have $20 bucks worth of panels and $2.50 on the clover. Well went to 5 1/2km today at 49% batt and got back with 10% batt hitting speeds of 20mps (little tail wind). The image is right off my Aomway 32 ch DVR receiver being fed by the Black Mamba 2 watt transmitter on the bird.I am using a LG Android 7" pad with the easy cap app. In the end almost as easy to haul around as a P3Pro/Adv just not as great a video feed. PLUS I enjoy the crap out of it and didn't give it away for nothing!

P2_5.4km.jpg

20160304_092810_resized.jpg
20160304_092741_resized.jpg

Can you post some photos of the Alpha panels that your referring to and the antennas on the back side of your radio/monitor?
jk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl