GL300E RC will not stay connected w/ P4

Reaction score
Need help.

I thought a GL300E, the built in screen controller (happy to see it "worked" w/ p4) would bring me more convenience for my P4 but, for now, only headaches.
When you go to Remote Control settings>advanced settings> you can literally watch it switch back and forth between 3 phantom models. Yikes! So, basically, it connects for about 5 seconds then goes off when switching to another model. Bunch of "horse____" is what it is.
I can typically only get it to behave is when I hit the orange linking button on the craft, it then usually locks in and stays that way... until you shut it off and the next time you fly - here we go again, joy joy joy.
I saw this EXACT issue on the DJI forum (screen controller & a p4). I've chimed in for help on the thread (Oh where are you DJI Susan?), nothing (yes older but it goes to top of list). Day later, nothing, so bumped. Anybody here have insight? I'm willing to purchase Lichti (as Ive read they've got it working w/ GL300E, right?) if that will clear the way for "normal" connectivity?

Thank you!

P.S. Forgot to add, all firmware and software is up to date.

Last edited:
Tr
Is this what you read ? Tried this I presume
Screenshot_20190815-195629_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: tim3308
Says p4 on this list ,,as for the linking I would turn drone and rc on and press link button,,this will unlink it.....then go through rc linking again,if not work try manual linking with rc button combination
Screenshot_20190815-200159_Chrome.jpg

Says p4 on this list ,,as for the linking I would turn drone and rc on and press link button,,this will unlink it.....then go through rc linking again,if not work try manual linking with rc button combinationView attachment 113784
That's the problem - manually doing this every time I want to fly. Does not want to stay linked. At first I thought it would stay linked if I always shut off the drone before the RC.... gave me hope. Nope, that just proved to be lucky a few times... back to unlinking on its own (after you shut things down) the next time I want to fly.
The DJI thread is older - yet I reproduce exactly here one or two years later - I'm afraid I'm screwed here....

And btw, I can already "unlink" it 90% of the time but JUST turning both on.... frustrating.

And to further clarify - as the original poster wrote on DJI - you can watch the app flip what model it's trying to link to in real time as the connection goes in an out. This is of course after one has already gone through the process of linking them, prior. Once it does link, you can fly, no issues. Its after you shut things off - here we go again....

Last edited:
Maybe uninstalling DJI go app will delete caches etc?
I ran my previous controller w/ iPad mini. Not a windows/android guy.
How would I go about uninstalling and reinstalling DJI app on RC w/ bull it in screen (GL300E)?
Thank You!

Yes. But it doesn't "stick". Sometimes it will change modes before your eyes. It's bizarre. So far the only way to stop it is following it up w/ the linking button .... but doing this every time I want to fly? Ridiculous, for something that is supposed to "work"
Bit of a long shot on this but try a rc calibration ,this process the sticks and gimble wheel get moved though position and a press on Finnish or save at end ,this might stop the non saving part maybe?.??

Was just searching,,do you know what version of firmware remote has,,,it should detect a new update if any available from what I just read,not know to much about this controller ,,does it have playstore or iTunes on which app installed from,,some I read say there was no option to delete this app so I bit stumped on that myself,,I just have another look

Reactions: Capt KO
Was just searching,,do you know what version of firmware remote has,,,it should detect a new update if any available from what I just read,not know to much about this controller ,,does it have playstore or iTunes on which app installed from,,some I read say there was no option to delete this app so I bit stumped on that myself,,I just have another look
When it has connected, cough cough, it has told me my firmware is up to date. I did the "local" update w/ micro sd card.

Have you tried clicking on different craft like p4p instead of p4,,unsure why it not stay linked with craft ,what was wrong with you original remote or do you like screen size, I recently met another phantom pilot with p4v2 built in screen,he said it was flawless,,some here in the past have had issues from memory with the built in screen

I have tried that, picking wrong one, go back on purpose to "shock" it in line. Nothing clicked in a good way.
I switched or sold my old RC for the convenience of only charging & maintaining one item (not separate iPad, mini 3), fast 'set up and go" as well - also the weight of the iPad.
Umm, I use this for falconry in training falcons to go high - so lighter weight and having to move very quickly were also appealing. Honestly I wish DJI sold one w/ out the darn camera (I could give a cr*p), took camera off my P3, but sold that for a P4 as P3 totally sucked in our winds aloft. Not a good feeling to lean on stick and your drone slides across the sky the opposite way like a hockey puck, w/ your falcon chasing it (we hang a bait system w/parachute release.)

Jacking around w/ it, may have found a "pattern" maybe just more fun "randomness" - If it starts doing the flashing connect thing (screen goes from "connected" to "enter your device", in and out, in and out, if I restart the drone, 1, maybe 2 times, maybe 3... it will solidly stay on a connection. Like I've said, once it links it stays... until the next time you fly the drone (but not always) having shut it off, between.

Update: After many rounds of email w/ DJI and sending video of the remote control flashing off an on while connecting (often having to restart drone 3 times to connect)..... DJI finally saying send it in, after factory rest + updating again didn't hold as fix.
Then borrowed a buddy's P4. Linked it to my RC, solid connection, no flashing. Checked firmware, yep previous version. Downgraded my firmware... so far it is connecting w/out flashing in and out. Engineers never suggested this... maybe fixed.
DJI firmware updates and their unintended consequences may have struck again....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4