Gimbal overheating

Reaction score
Website
www.totalexpophoto.com
Hi guys, any of you P3 pilots had issues with your gimbal "overheating" when you put a lens filter on it?

I bought a set of Ultimax lens filters and it seems like the drone doesn't like the weight of the lens filter.

Any of you experience this behavior from your drones?

Thanks
Vinny

Hi guys, any of you P3 pilots had issues with your gimbal "overheating" when you put a lens filter on it?

I bought a set of Ultimax lens filters and it seems like the drone doesn't like the weight of the lens filter.

Thanks
Vinny
I just use cheap petal shade no filters on my p3,,,um can try gimble calbration with filter on to see if that help prepare it for added weight,

Thanks
Vinny
Some people only use the screw on type filters because they are usually the same exact weight as the OEM filter so all stays balanced as designed with no concerns.
Some people use slip on filters because they prefer them or their P3 model does not have a removable filter so they have no choice.
Some with the heavier slip on filters have said that they either needed to or chose to use a counter weight to restore balance and help avoid overheating.
Note that not all slip on filters are heavy enough to be a concern.

Personally, I don't like the idea of adding any extra weight to the camera so my choice has always been screw on filters with the same weight as the OEM filter. The good thing is that there are many choices and options so you should be able to find something that works for you and your use case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4