Gimbal Motor Overloaded ?

Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I have had my P4P for just on a year with trouble free flying/operations.
Just today i get a "gimbal motor overloaded" warning/orange band across the top of the screen. This occurred when I was wanting to do some camera setting maintenance on the bird indoors. (non flying obviously)
Now the gimbal is limp and when i actually fire the bird up its hanging to the side. Both bird and controller firmware is up to date as well as the DJI app Im using.
Cant find any workable solutions on the web - Id appreciate some assistance from the P4P community ?

Well.......with the drone NOT FLYING and not causing a good flow of air over the gimbals......they will surely OVER Heat and fry them selves...We always put a small fan pointed at the gimbals and not in the way of the blades when its not being flown and it will keep the gimbal motors cooler and I sure hope they are not burnt UP....stay tuned and don't do a thing till some body here and further help you !

Well.......with the drone NOT FLYING and not causing a good flow of air over the gimbals......they will surely OVER Heat and fry them selves...We always put a small fan pointed at the gimbals and not in the way of the blades when its not being flown and it will keep the gimbal motors cooler and I sure hope they are not burnt UP....stay tuned and don't do a thing till some body here and further help you !

thanks for your input MotorCycle- Man but I can't see the gimbal overheating within 15 seconds of starting the bird. I also took it for a flight and the gimbal just hung to one side

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Check the camera movement manually, sometimes you get the "gimbal motor overloaded" message if the camera is brushing against ribbon cable on yaw arm.

Thanks Alan. Yip I have checked for any physical obstructions but nothing happening there. Its really weird as the gimbal was operating 100% prior to an upgrade of the firmware. Its making me think that this is not a hardware issue. I have found a few cases on the interweb where DJI have replaced the unit due to this same problem occurring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials